Oman Air has commenced its first flights from the new Muscat International Airport. Oman’s national airline will be operating up to 200 flights a day from the new state-of-the-art terminal. The airport will now have the capacity to handle 12 million passengers per year, and it has a runway that can accommodate the Airbus A380, the world’s largest aircraft.
Muscat International Airport in Oman is preparing to open its new passenger terminal this month. The terminal will commence operations on 20th March, and it will have the space to accommodate large aircraft including the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 747. The huge building will have retail outlets, first class and business class lounges, and offices for airlines, car rental agencies, as well as a four-star hotel with 90 rooms and swimming pools.
Oman's tourism industry continues to grow, and the country is focused on developing that industry in a sustainable fashion. The country's Ministry of Tourism has signed the United Nations Agenda 2030 for sustainable tourism development. It has also signed an agreement with numerous businesses to encourage sustainable tourism.
Six Senses Zighy Bay in Oman has acquired its own fleet of Nissan Pathfinder SV 4WD Hybrid vehicles, which will be used to transport guests to the resort. The eco-vehicles will be used to take guests for excursions to Dibba town, the resort's own farm, off road trips to the Sabatyn plateau, and to the hotel's dining venue, Sense on the Edge which sits on the mountaintop.
Oman's elegant and blossoming capital will soon boast one of the most lavish hotel properties in the country. Upscale brand, AVANI Hotels & Resorts will be the one operating this new construction which will be situated in the residential area of Seeb and connect to the Al Araimi Boulevard Mall via sky bridge.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...