The third edition of Jordan's Social Media Summit & Workshop is taking place at the Century Park Hotel in Amman this 15th August. Organised with the intent of raising awareness of Jordan as a tourist destination through social media platforms, the theme this year is "Social Media and its Pivotal Impact on the Tourism Sector" and its main aim is exploring how social media plays an important role in attracting visitors.
Jordan's tourism industry closed the first half of the year with very positive figures as the country's Tourism Ministry declared the increase in visitors and tourism revenue "unprecedented". The boom in tourist visits during the first six months of 2018 is partly credited to new incentives put in place by Jordan's tourism authorities with the organisation of new events like the Jordan Festival as well as other factors like the recent visit of HRH Prince William.
The Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea in Jordan has completed the renovation of its Zara Spa. The revamped wellness facility has a new Turkish bath area with eight different hammam experiences for women and men, plus a new couples' treatment rooms, belly stone room, individual treatment rooms, a nail studio, retreat lounge and a tranquil meditation area.
Ryanair has announced the launch of its first flights to Jordan, offering a total number of 14 routes to the cities of Aqaba and Amman. The first flight to Amman will depart from Paphos in Cyprus this March, and the airline's operations to this city will increase to ten from October. Flights to Aqaba will launch in October with four routes from Europe, and they will operate for the winter season.
As one of the most charming destinations in the Middle East, Jordan is filled with amazing sites to discover that make for thrilling adventures. Travel blogger Emma Thomson from UK newspaper The Independent recently reported her experience in Jordan and recommended some of the top activities that visitors can sign up for whilst enjoying holidays in this enchanting and enigmatic destination.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...