Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts to Open Nine Luxury Hotels by End of 2009
Leading luxury hotel Group Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts continue on their expansion efforts throughout the world with a further 9 new hotels under schedule and opening by the end of 2009. Further projects are under way in Asia, America and Europe
Hotel group Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts are busy expanding their luxury hotels to destinations all over the world and a further nine projects are scheduled to be opened by the end of 2009.
The leading Asia Pacific luxury hotels group are successfully driving forward despite the economic situation and have a wide selection of accommodation across the world, perfect for travellers looking for luxury holidays. Future projects are already underway in Asia, North America and Europe, which are scheduled to open from next year up until 2012. The latest addition to Abu Dhabi hotels is the Traders Abu Dhabi which opened this month.
Shangri-La Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Barbara Pang, said:
"Despite the economic crisis our company is continuing to expand, we have opened six hotels this year.
"This year we have opened hotels in Monjo, Vancouver, Tokyo, Boracay and Maldives. The most recent opening has been Traders Abu Dhabi, which was literally a week ago."
A further three hotels in Ningbo, Guilin and Cha Ching, will be completed by the end of 2009.
Shangri-La Hotels are also making their debut into Europe luxury hotels market and will be opening a hotel in Paris.
Barbara Pang believes the company's success is helped by their awareness of the economic crisis and help by providing a range of special promotions and packages aimed at travellers looking for luxury hotels within a range of budgets.
"Earlier this year we came up with a promotion called MaxiMICE. Based on certain conditions if you book a meeting in one of our hotels, you will get a 10% credit that you can use in your next meeting in any Shangri-La Hotel and resort.
"I think one trend that we have increasingly seen, is that customers like to have their own choice, so instead of ‘dictating' packages to them, we now have the ability to offer what we call Custom Stay."
Custom Stay enables guests to have flexibility and tailor-made stay depending on their individual requirements. The service enables guests to book their rooms online and then add any additional services or benefits they might require. Advance Purchase is an additional service provided to give special rates to people looking to book rooms in advance.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...