Tanzania holidays get ready for the new Kempinski Lodge in Serengeti
The Serengeti National Park in Tanzania now accounts with a new luxurious five-star lodge at the hands of the German Kempinski Hotels Company. The lodge has received much praise and was officially opened by Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete.
The Kempinski Hotels Company has launched a five-star lodge in Serengeti National Park with a promise from its developer to invest in more luxury Tanzania hotels. With this new Tanzania hotel construction, the country’s tourism sector and the appeal of Tanzania holidays have received a major boost as (unlike its neighbour Kenya) the country had been suffering from a lack of adequate infrastructure and skilled manpower, despite having more tourist attractions than Kenya.
But with this breathtaking new Tanzania hotel addition nestled away near the park’s world famous wildebeest migration corridor the country now accounts with an incredible new tourist attraction inviting travellers on a wonderful journey of natural discoveries on a fabulous Tanzania holiday!
Officially opened by Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete, who also sampled the new lodge for 2 nights, the country leader was quick to express his gratitude to the hotel developers: "for showing faith in Tanzania in these times of global financial down turn."
The chairman of the hotel developer, Ali Saeed Albwardy of ASB Tanzania Limited, promised that there will be more to come with their future Tanzania hotels plans. "We promise to build more hotels in Tanzania," he told President Jakaya Kikwete who inaugurated the US$50 million Bilila Lodge Kempinski.
"We are ready to invest in more hotels because the investment atmosphere is right. We have been in Tanzania for five years and already we have invested in Kilimanjaro Hotel, Kempinski in Dar es Salaam and Zamani Hotel in Zanzibar," he added.
The Bilila Lodge Kempinski with 160 beds is located close to the bewildering route of annual mass migration of millions of wildebeests, half a million zebras and thousands of antelopes that move from Serengeti National Park to Kenya's Maasai Mara Wildlife Park in November in search of green pastures. This spectacle attracts hundreds of visitors to watch the massive migration on the Tanzania and Kenya sides as best illustrated in the film "Serengeti Shall Never Die."
The president praised the new world class Tanzania hotel saying: "Bilila Lodge Kempinski is one of the best I have seen. It's spectacular and an architectural marvel of its kind. I have a big passion for wildlife and have been to all Tanzania national wildlife parks, but Bilila Lodge is a class of its own."
He said Bilila lodge, one of four hotels in Serengeti National Park, "increases the visibility of Tanzania even as the park is classified as a UNESCO's world heritage."
To date tourism contributes 17% of Tanzania's Gross National Product (GDP) and 25% of foreign earnings. The Minister for Natural Resources and Tourism, Ms. Shamsa Mwangunga, said the Serengeti was recognised in 1951 by the colonial government. It has the largest concentration of wildebeests in the world, big and small ruminants, many types of birds, and in 2006 it was recognszed as the 'Seventh Wonder of the World' and has since then attracted thousands of tourists, increasing by 15% annually. Besides the four hotels in the national park, there are several tented camps - altogether providing 3,400 beds per day. This new Kempinski addition will be a most welcome Tanzania hotel to fill the gaps in luxury accommodation of this kind in this natural reserve area.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...