Barcelo to soon finish renovating another of its Cancun hotels in Autumn 2009
Barcelo announces the nearing date for completion of the renovation works carried out at one of its Cancun hotels in Mexico. Work on parts of the Barcelo Maya Caribe will soon be finished with some remodelling and updating of its room amenities
Yet another renovation project for Barcelo Cancun hotels in Mexico that will soon reach its date of completion. In a few month's time Barcelo will be dismantling yet another of its impeccable renovations that has been carried out in parts of the Barcelo Maya Caribe and Beach hotel to make some major room improvements including the addition of flat screen TVs, digital safe deposit boxes, new mattresses, the addition of sofa beds to all Standard Room types and the replacement of all showers with a wider kind.
The resort which is designed to be split into 2 sections: the Barcelo Maya Beach with 612 rooms and the Barcelo Maya Caribe which accounts with a total of 408 rooms, almost makes for 2 hotels into one. From the16th April 2009, date in which the hotel closed down some of its areas to start the renovation projects meaning that guests had been diverted to other areas limiting some of the resort zones they could get access to such as all the bars and restaurants which were completely closed down. However, instead of driving business elsewhere with the wide range of Cancun hotels available, Barcelo managed to offer clients alternatives with other restaurants located at the adjacent Colonial/Tropical hotels.
Whilst this particular 2-in-1 Cancun hotel is still currently undergoing scheduled remodelling the hotel has continued to receive guests by restricting sections of the Barcelo Maya Caribe and relocating guests to use the rooms at the Barcelo Maya Beach section instead.
After all renovation works are completed the resort's famous Mayan design will remain intact; much to the delight of those who want character and appreciate traditional design during their Cancun holidays. The changes that will be happening to the rooms can be summarised in the following:
- New Flat Screen TVs
- Digital, laptop-sized safety deposit box
- New Simon's Grand Dubai bedding, offering one of the best night's sleep in the Riviera Maya
- A sofa bed in every standard room
- A pampering rain shower
This is the last of all Cancun hotels under the Barcelo name in Mexico to be currently (and partly) unavailable for guests. After Autumn this year travellers can look forward to enjoying that well-earned and deserved Cancun holiday at this newly renovated Cancun property that promises a whole new level of facilities and room amenities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Perfect beach location in sunny Cancun to enjoy this all-inclusive holiday of a lifetime
- There is something for everyone on offer at the resort including 6 restaurants, 3 snack bars, 9 bars including 2 swim up bars
- Haven Riviera Cancun has an amazing location between Riviera Maya and Cancun on a stretch of uncrowded pristine beach
- Why not make your holiday extra special by upgrading to the Serenity Club which offers guests private check in and lounge, beachfront accommodation and extra VIP services and amenities.
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Haven Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa enjoys a fantastic location between Cancun and Riviera Maya on a stretch of...
Discover a world of entertainment at the all-inclusive All Ritmo Cancun Resort and Waterpark in Cancun, Mexico, and join...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury at Oasis Cancun Lite, surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting. Your...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with a stay at Oasis Palm on Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is...