St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort hosts World Spa Awards 2018
The world’s spa and wellness industry have been celebrated at the recent World Spa Awards 2018. The glitzy ceremony took place at the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort in the Maldives last month. This year’s winners included the Anantara Spa brand, Armani Hotel Dubai, the Alpine Spa at Switzerland’s Bürgenstock Hotel, and the founder of QMS Medicosmetics.
The World Spa Awards 2018 were recently hosted by a luxury resort in the Maldives. The global annual event took place last month at the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort.
Leaders of the spa and wellness industry from all over the world attended the glitzy ceremony, which took place at the luxury private island resort in the southern Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives. The event celebrated the best of the best in the industry, including hotels, spa brands, and pioneers.
“The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort has proven a world-class host on what has been a magnificent evening of triumph for the spa and wellness industry.”
Explained Rebecca Cohen, Managing Director of the World Spa Awards. She continued:
“We have had the privilege of recognising the leading organisations from across the world and my congratulations to each of them.”
This year’s winners include the Anantara Spa, named as the "World’s Best Hotel Spa Brand"; the Armani Hotel Dubai which was named as the "World’s Best Hotel Spa", and the Lanserhof Tegernsee was named as the "World’s Best Medical Spa". The Alpine Spa at Switzerland’s Bürgenstock Hotel was given the title of the "World’s Best New Hotel Spa", while the Mii Amo in Sedona, Arizona was named as North America’s "Best Wellness Retreat".
This year’s awards also highlighted a special category to acknowledge an outstanding contribution to the industry. The winner was Erich Schulte, founder of QMS Medicosmetics, who was named as the 2018 World Spa Awards Spa Pioneer for his work advancing the science of skincare.
St. Regis Vommuli Resort opened to guests in 2016, and sits on 20 acres of tropical land on the private island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives. The luxury tropical resort is surrounded by white sand beaches and turquoise lagoons. The property has 77 luxury private villas that feature a unique contemporary design that has been inspired by the island's natural materials and colours.
Luxury facilities include four gourmet dining venues with sea views, a chic bar, a modern fitness centre and yoga studio, and an infinity swimming pool. Guests can also indulge at the lobster-shaped Iridium Spa, which is the largest overwater spa in the Maldives. Spanning 20,000 feet, the spa has six private treatment rooms, steam rooms, saunas, and a wide range of pampering therapies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Discover the magic of two beautiful destinations in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the Marina Shopping Mall
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Exclusive rate reduction for our clients
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Smartline Eriyadu is located in the far North Western edge of the North Male Atoll. The island is perfect for a tropical...