The world's first Warner Bros theme park to open in Abu Dhabi this month
Aiming to double the number of travellers choosing Abu Dhabi as their holiday destination, Abu Dhabi is soon to open the world's first ever Warner Bros theme park. The $1 billion Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi is due to open its doors on 25th July and expectation has been building up for months for what will be not only the first theme park of its kind in the Middle East but the entire planet.
After having welcomed 4.8 million tourists in 2017, Abu Dhabi has set its new target for income travellers high, aiming to nearly double the number of visitors in 2018. As part of the efforts to achieve this new goal is the massive investment for the construction of a new ambitious theme park to rival neighbouring Dubai’s LEGOLAND and Dubai Parks and Resorts.
The new Warner Bros park in Yas Island is due to open its doors later on this month, adding to this private islet’s numerous attractions, the most famous of which include the Ferrari World theme park, Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Yas Water Park. In addition to these, two new museums are currently under construction, Guggenheim and Zayed National Museum, as is a new SeaWorld theme park, with the latter expected to open in 2022.
Speaking about the imminent opening of the Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi, Mohamed Khalif al Mubarak, the chairman of the developing company, Miral, told reporters that they were not expecting immediate returns and had more of a long-term plan envisaged for the success of the new park, which he added was built not to compete with Dubai’s current theme park offer but to compliment it, given that Dubai and Abu Dhabi are next-door neighbours and often paired as popular twin-centre holidays in the UAE. He explained:
“The theme park is a long-term play, we have a sustainable business plan.”
According to the emirate’s Culture and Tourism Department, Abu Dhabi aims to welcome 8.5 million visitors by 2020 and the new park is expected to contribute to this projected increase in tourist numbers.
Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi covers an area of 1.65 million square feet of Yas Island and will include five main areas: Cartoon Junction, Warner Bros Plaza, DC Metropolis, Gotham City and Dynamite Gulch.
“We have worked with Miral to faithfully bring iconic franchises such as DC Entertainment, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera to life in a truly immersive and authentic environment.”
The Flinstones and The Jetsons fans are in for a real treat this summer as Abu Dhabi’s new Warner Bros park has already filtered to the press a sneak-peak preview into two of its new immersive lands: Bedrock and Dynamite Gulch. With four rides and two restaurants inspired by the popular cartoon series from the 90s, visitors will be able to choose from the Bedrock River Adventure and The Jetsons Cosmic Obiter, as well as a Wile E. Coyote-Road Runner roller coaster and Marvin The Martian Crater Crashers.
But that’s just a preview of all there is to enjoy at Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi once it opens its doors later on this month. We can hardly wait to find out all that’s in store for Warner Bros fans young and old!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 Abu Dhabi Hotels on Tripadvisor
- Sitting in the heart of Abu Dhabi next to the iconic Abu Dhabi Mall
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award-winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...