Hard Rock Hotel Maldives on track for autumn 2018 opening
Hard Rock International has announced it will debut its first hotel in Indian Ocean nation the Maldives this October 2018. The Hard Rock Hotel Maldives is currently in development as part of the Emboodhoo Lagoon multi-island resort project, and will open alongside a new beachfront Hard Rock Cafe.
International lifestyle brand Hard Rock will open its first hotel in Indian Ocean island nation the Maldives this autumn. The Hard Rock Hotel Maldives will debut alongside a signature Hard Rock Cafe on 1 October 2018 as part of the first phase of the Emboodhoo Lagoon multi-island resort project, which broke ground last year.
The first-of-its kind integrated resort destination will boast 178 guestrooms, family suites, beach villas and one and two-bedroom overwater villas. Inspired by local Maldivian culture, Hard Rock Hotel Maldives will infuse contemporary design features with tropical architecture throughout the property, alongside regionally-inspired, authentic music memorabilia.
The beachside hotel will provide guests with exclusive brand offerings and amenities, including The Sound of Your Stay music programme, offering complimentary use of Fender guitars and Crosley record players for in-room jam sessions, as well as a renowned full-service Rock Spa, a Rock Shop selling all brand merchandise, Roxity Kids Club and Teen Spirit Club.
Located within one of the country’s largest lagoons, Emboodhoo Falhu, the new hotel will be accessed via a 20-minute speedboat ride from the airport. As part of the first phase of the multi-million pound Emboodhoo Lagoon multi-island development, the Hard Rock Hotel Maldives will be one of three resorts situated alongside world-class entertainment, retail and fine dining offerings.
Just steps from the hotel, the new Hard Rock Cafe Maldives will offer authentic American cuisine in a music-themed diner decked out with memorabilia. With direct boat transportation from the airport, the Hard Rock Cafe Maldives will provide around 185 seats both indoors and outdoors while offering diners exclusive beach access.
Hard Rock International’s head of global hotel development Todd Hricko said:
“Known for its vibrant culture, top-of-the-line luxury and some of the most breathtaking white-sand beaches in the world, Maldives is truly a slice of paradise and one of the world's most desirable destinations.
“Traditionally regarded as being a popular honeymoon destination, we at Hard Rock are excited to work with the Singha Estate team to captivate multi-generational travellers, showcasing that the destination can cater to more than just newlyweds.”
With venues in 74 countries, including 179 cafes and 11 casinos, this will be the 25th hotel in Hard Rock International’s rapidly-expanding portfolio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity
- Try snorkelling, scuba diving and more
- Stay in luxurious bungalows
- Exclusive Free Upgrade to Full Board (for travel until 31 Oct)
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- All meals, snacks and beverages included
- Rooms overlooking the ocean
- Relax on the secluded beach
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
The Sun Island is located on the Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives, which is one of the most sublime coastal...