Grand Velas Riviera Maya resort in Mexico launches two new Mayan-inspired spa treatments
Two new spa treatments have been introduced to the extensive menu at the Se Spa at the Grand Velas Riviera Maya resort in Mexico. The Nik Te Ha Aquatic Massage and Pixam Kan Massage have both been influenced by the indigenous Mayan People, and have been designed to relax muscles, balance chakras, and help with emotional issues such as depression and mood swings.
The Se Spa at Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico has introduced two new treatments to its extensive menu. The Nik Te Ha Aquatic Massage and Pixam Kan Massage have each been inspired by the indigenous people of Maya.
Guests staying at the luxury resort near Cancun can enjoy a pampering experience with each treatment. The 80-minute Nik Te Ha Aquatic Massage is a water massage that has been designed to relax muscles, increase flexibility and bring harmony to the mind and soul. The name of the massage means “water flower” in the local ancient Mayan language. The therapy is particularly beneficial for people suffering with chronic fatigue, insomnia, irritability, stress, migraines, mood swings and depression.
The Pixam Kan Massage uses seaweed and the sacred Mayan Jade which is used by many native tribes in South and Central America and Mexico because it’s said to bless everything it touches. The Jade quartz is used to balance the chakras and list emotional issues. The seaweed helps eliminate toxins from the body, and proteins, vitamins and minerals add moisture to the skin. The massage is available in 50 or 80-minute sessions, and include and optional dry exfoliation with a Henequen loofah.
The 89,000-square-foot Se Spa boasts an array of pampering treatments that have been inspired by the ancient Maya traditions and rituals. Guests can enjoy the Bacal Massage which using corn, the Mayan Jade Facial, the Coffee & Cocoa Experience, the Aloe Vera Massage, and the full-body Uumbal Shawl Massage.
Treatments that last a minimum of 50 minutes include an hour-long Water Journey. This relaxation ritual has been designed around the seven special water-based facilities available at the spa. These include the Clay Room with fibre-optic “star light” ceiling, the Ice Room with hot and cold experience showers, and a central infinity pool with massage jets.
Grand Velas Riviera Maya is an AAA Five Diamond resort set on 206 acres of land made up of lush jungle, mangroves and a white sandy beach. The luxury beachfront hotel has 539 suites in three categories of accommodation: Zen Grand Suites, Ambassador Class, and Grand Class. Rooms offer more than 1,100 square feet, and private balconies with sea or jungle views, and some have private plunge pools. As well as the lavish spa, the resort has a modern fitness centre with personal trainers, a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, a kids’ club and teens lounge, and a collection of dining outlets and bars serving delicious Mexican and international culinary delights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Ocean View
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Junior Suite Pool View
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean View
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...
Enjoy the many amazing facilities of the all-inclusive Iberostar Paraiso del Mar resort and delight yourself with the...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury at Oasis Cancun Lite, surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting. Your...