Virgin Atlantic launches two new reward credit cards
Virgin Atlantic is now offering two new reward credit cards. The Virgin Atlantic Reward card has no annual fee and offers .075 miles for every £1 spent. The Virgin Atlantic Reward+ credit card comes with a £160 fee, but offers 1.5 miles per £1 spent. Points earned through the cards can be used for flights, upgrades, and companion tickets.
Virgin Atlantic recently launched two credit cards that reward borrowers with points that can be used on flights, upgrades and free “companion tickets.”
One of the cards, the Virgin Atlantic Reward credit card has no annual fee and offers 0.75 “Flying Club” miles for every £1 spent. You’ll also get 5,000 points with the first card purchase as long as it’s within 90 days of the account opening.
The Virgin Atlantic Reward+ credit card costs £160 a year. Borrowers earn 1.5 miles per £1 spent and 15,000 bonus points with the first card purchases within 90 days.
Borrowers are able to earn double miles with Virgin flights and Virgin holidays with both cards if booked direct. Both cards offer six months interest-free for balance transfers and money transfers after an initial 3pc fee.
You can use the points on upgrades and companion seats once you hit a spending limit. But the best rewards are saved for the big spenders.
Once Virgin customers have spent £20,000 on the reward card or £10,000 on the reward+ card, they are eligible to choose a free upgrade or companion ticket when they purchase their own.
Borrowers must sign up for Virgin’s Flying Club which offers tiered membership. For Red Flying Club members, the first level, the free ticket must be in economy. Silver members can get a premium seat. For Gold members, companions can sit in any cabin. These are return tickets and are valid for two years. Passengers will still need to pay taxes and surcharges.
Silver and Gold members have additional options such as a voucher for a Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, the airport VIP lounge, Gold members can choose two clubhouse passes instead of the above options.
To move up the membership ladder, and get better perks, you’ll need to spend significantly more.
A Silver member needs 400 tier points a year. These could be earned from an upper class return flight, two premium return flights or four “economy delight” return flights. Gold members need 1,000 points a year.
Flying Club miles can be used on “reward flights.” These are split between standard season dates or peak season. Peak season flights will cost more miles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Free upgrade to Taum Studio Pool View room
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...