Selling Travel magazine reviews Andaz Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica
The UK's leading travel trade publication recently reviewed one of the most lavish resorts in Costa Rica, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo. Since it opened its doors to the public in 2013, the property has maintained an excellent reputation for its bay-side location, delicious flavours of local cuisine, attentive services and top-notch facilities.
With a passion for providing travellers with up-to-date information on resorts, excursions and all kinds of holiday experiences, Selling Travel Magazine periodically reviews some of the tourism sector’s most important venues. This time, the prestigious UK journal published an article evaluating the quality of services, facilities and overall experiences in Costa Rica’s luxurious Andaz Peninsula Papagayo. Since it began welcoming visitors in 2013, the hotel has been wowing visitors from all over the world.
Under the administration of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, the luxury resort was designed by local architect Ronald Zurcher, who intended to capture the native spirit of Costa Rica with low-impact eco-architecture and distinctive “Pura Vida” (pure life) philosophy and many local touches. Situated on the edge of a sparkling bay, Andaz Peninsula Papagayo features 153 guest rooms, including 21 luxury suites and 8,200 square feet of flexible meeting space. The resort is also reasonably close to Liberia Airport.
The accommodations are also one of the resort’s biggest highlights. Boasting bright and contemporary decor, rooms and suites come with complimentary extras including flip-flops and sunhat, Wi-Fi, snacks and soft drinks minibar (refreshed daily) and top-end toiletries. Moreover, some of the rooms boast large balconies complete with sofa, ceiling fan and fabulous views over the waters of the bay.
In terms of facilities, Andaz Peninsula Papagayo caters to broad spectrum of clients. Sun lovers can unwind in the two pool areas (one for adults only which is regularly visited by wild white faced monkeys) and two private beaches with complimentary water sports. Moreover, a 15-minute shuttle ride connects to a further beach and the Beach House restaurant, sun loungers with waiter service and water sports. Families will also be grateful for the kids club, laundry service and the broad range of rejuvenating and relaxing treatments available at the beautiful Onda spa. In addition, guests can choose to sign up for daily activities like mixology or ceviche classes, guided hikes and kayak tours.
Dining is also a delectable experience in this eco-friendly Costa Rican resort. Comprising three restaurants that boast a buzzing Latin vibe, the hotel allows guests to taste some of the region’s tastiest dishes. Visitors can choose from the open-air Rio Bhongo, serving lavish breakfasts and international cuisine all day; Chao Pescao serving local tapas, and the high-end Ostra where seafood and the local ceviche are the specialities.
With 25 years’ experience in giving travel agents industry news and feedback on worldwide destinations, Selling Travel Magazine is the UK’s leading monthly independent travel trade publication. The magazine was founded in 1990 as Selling Long Haul and initially concentrated on this burgeoning specialist market. Today, the magazine has evolved to become Selling Travel “the world in one magazine”, covering destinations across the globe as well as specialist areas like cruising; ancillaries such as tickets and car hire; cutting-edge issues such as travel technology and sustainable tourism; and much more.
Selling Travel also produces destination guides for the industry, and has a library of publications including the annual Guide to the Caribbean and Visit USA Travel Planner. The magazine is a member of ABTA, the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, Visit USA Association, LATA, PATA, SATOA, the Foreign Airlines Association and the Institute of Travel & Tourism.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...