Radisson Blu Resort and Spa Papagayo new Radisson Blu brand in Costa Rica
The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group has announced that it will be debuting its Radisson Blu brand in Costa Rica. The new Radisson Blu Resort and Spa Papagayo, Costa Rica will be located in the north-western Guanacaste region of the country, and the property will have 100 guest rooms and suites, as well as upscale facilities including a large lavish spa and wellness centre.
The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group has revealed details of a new hotel that will open in Costa Rica. The hotel group will launch its Radisson Blu brand in the country with the opening of Radisson Blu Resort and Spa Papagayo, Costa Rica.
Located on the Gulf of Papagayo in the Guanacaste region on the north-western coast of Costa Rica, the hotel will have 100 guest rooms and suites. Full details of the property’s facilities have not yet been revealed, but it will feature a large spa and wellness centre.
Ken Greene, the President, of the Americas for Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, stated:
“We are thrilled to begin the new year announcing our first Radisson Blu in Costa Rica as we continue expanding the brand in Central America.
“This signing shows our commitment to growing Radisson Blu’s presence in key markets throughout the Americas, providing travellers with first class amenities and engaging hospitality through our Yes I CanSM service philosophy.”
Construction work for the new hotel is expected to commence in late 2018, and the property is planning to open to guests in December, 2020. The addition to the hotel group’s portfolio is part of its expansion plan to add new Radisson Blu-branded hotels in growing tourism markets. There are currently approximately 300 Radisson Blu hotels operating across 69 countries around the world.
Guanacaste is a region in the north-western tip of Costa Rica that runs along the coast of the Pacific Ocean, bordering Nicaragua to the north. The region is under significant development, and is now home to an array of luxury hotels and resorts. It has become a hotspot for nature-loving travellers and surfing enthusiasts thanks to its magnificent natural landscapes and fantastic surfing conditions. The region is thriving with diverse wildlife, and it boasts the Rincon de la Vieja National Park, Palo Verde National Park and Santa Rosa National Park, as well as a numerous pristine white sand beaches.
Holidaymakers can take part in a wide range of fun and exhilarating activities in Guanacaste. These include snorkelling and scuba diving in crystal clear waters, surfing, kayaking, horse riding on the beach, and zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the lush canopied rainforests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...