Accor Hotels to manage three luxury resorts in Maldives
Accor Hotels has announced it will add three new hotels in the Maldives to its global collection. The French hotel group has revealed it will launch the Mercure Maldives Kooddoo and the Pullman Maamutta Maldives. Accor celebrated the opening of the Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort on the idyllic private island of Meradhoo last month, marking the group’s debut in the Maldives.
AccorHotels has revealed that it will add three new hotels in the Maldives to its portfolio. The French hotel group made its debut in the Maldives in September after it took over the management of Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort.
The hotel group will next open the Mercure Maldives Kooddoo and the Pullman Maamutta Maldives. The Mercure Maldives Kooddoo is already open to holidaymakers, and the Pullman Maamutta Maldives is due to open its doors in late 2018.
Speaking at the recent launch of the Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort, Patrick Basset, the Chief Operating Officer of AccorHotels, Upper Southeast and Northeast Asia, said:
“We are thrilled to announce our very first luxury resort in the Maldives at a time when the region is enjoying excellent growth, especially with travellers from Asia Pacific.”
Mr Basset added:
“AccorHotels is bringing to the resort our expertise in delivering unparalleled luxury experiences renowned in our Raffles, Fairmont and Sofitel brands, along with the benefits of our award-wining global loyalty programme, Le Club AccorHotels.”
The Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort will be rebranded as Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Resort in late 2018, after extensive refurbishments. The luxury hotel has 21 island villas and 16 ocean villas that boast private pools, as well as three gourmet restaurants, a stylish cocktail bar, and a lavish spa. The island resort is located 400 kilometres from the capital Male in the southern Maldives, and can be reached via a 55-minute flight from Male International airport, and a 15-minute speedboat ride.
The Mercure Maldives Kooddoo is also 55-minute flight from Male, close to Kooddoo airport. The resort has 68 villas that either sit directly on the white sand beach, or over the sparkling turquoise sea. Guests can enjoy tapas, cocktails, themed buffets and traditional food at the two onsite restaurants, while enjoying beautiful views of the sea. For leisure, there’s a fitness centre, a PADI Dive and Water Sports Centre, and a range of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, scuba diving, jet skiing, catamaran cruises and tennis.
Pullman Maamutta Maldives is located on the island of Maamutta, and offers guests an upscale five-star experience. The beach resort has 120 villas, including 80 overwater villas and 40 villas that offer direct access to the pristine white sandy beach.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Try the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from Oriental flavours to Mediterranean delights
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
Reethi Faru is a tropical island paradise in the Maldives, lapped by the crystalline waters of the Indian Ocean,...