Rosewood Puerto Papagayo resort to open in Costa Rica in 2020
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts has announced it will open the Rosewood Puerto Papagayo in Costa Rica in 2020. The luxury resort will be located on the north-western coast of the country in the Guanacaste province, and it will have 180 guest rooms and treehouse-style suites, and 50 residences, which will all be surrounded by natural, tropical landscapes.
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts has announced it will add another luxury resort to its global portfolio. The hotel group was appointed by Aldesa financial consulting firm to manage the Rosewood Puerto Papagayo in Costa Rica.
The new resort will be located in the Guanacaste province on the northwest coast of Costa Rica, and will be surrounded by natural, lush landscapes. The property will have 180 guestrooms and suites, and 50 residences that will be nestled into the tropical hillside that overlooks a pristine beach.
There will be seven two-storey treehouse-style suites that will feature contemporary design and will be the perfect setting for romantic stays, and all of the accommodation will be built and designed using indigenous materials and inspired by their natural tropical surroundings. Rooms will feature open-air living areas, spacious furbished terraces and private plunge pools.
The upscale resort will be designed and constructed by HKS, Dallas-based architects, and it will be designed with Rosewood’s A Sense of Place philosophy at the forefront. Facilities at Rosewood Puerto Papagayo will include two swimming pools, a fitness centre, a Sense, A Rosewood Spa, and guests will have direct access to the golden sand beach and the turquoise Pacific Ocean.
There will also be several dining venues including an informal all day dining restaurant, a poolside bar and grill and a speciality restaurant. The property will also host meetings and events in its dedicated space that spans nearly 1,100 square metres and including a large ballroom with spacious terrace.
The hotel is located 20 minutes from Liberia International Airport, and guests can enjoy close access to an array of sights and attractions. Costa Rica is famous for its green landscapes and diverse wildlife, and tourists can explore the rainforest and jungles to get close to colourful species. There is also an array of fun activities to enjoy such as snorkelling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the canopied rainforests.
This will be Rosewood’s first hotel in Costa Rica, and it is scheduled to open to guests in 2020. Rosewood Hotels and Resorts is based in Hong Kong and operates 19 luxury hotels in 11 countries around the world, including China, Cambodia, Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Italy, Austria, France, Scotland, England, Brazil, Hong Kong, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Explore the city in historica Havana before a woderful All Inclusive beach stay in Costa Rica
- This twin centre offers the perfect twin centre of history in Havana with nature and great beaches in Costa Rica
- NH Capri has an amazing pool on the roof offers breath-taking views over the capital and glistening sea
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...