AMResorts collection to continue expanding portfolio in Caribbean
Following an uptick in bookings at their Sunscape Splash Montego Bay resort, AMResorts recently announced plans to expand their properties and to introduce a number of innovations at their existing resorts. The company owns 52 resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico and Latin America, and hopes to expand into Cuba in the near future.
AMResorts recently announced plans to expand and introduce innovations into their properties.
Javier Coll, executive vice-president and chief strategy officer at Apple Leisure Group, parent company of AMResorts, Apple Vacations, Travel Impressions and CheapCaribbean.com, recently stated that:
“We are adding more miniparks and more rooms near those parks at our Sunscape resorts. Sunscape is our four-star brand . . . but we spare no expense in technology, facilities and amenities at these resorts because they are as important as our five other brands, including Zoetry, our high-end boutique line.”
The announcement comes on the heels of a surge in demand for guestrooms at the Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, which increased in popularity following the opening of a new mini-waterpark.
According to Coll, Apple Leisure Group is investing more than $50 million to upgrade its technology, including web pages, booking engines, and access to flights and software programs. Introduction of the new systems will begin later this year and will continue through next spring.
There are even changes in the works for the resort’s menus, with big-name chefs, such as Richard Sandoval, bringing their ideas and concepts. Sandoval owns 45 restaurants in the US, Mexico, Asia, and the Middle East and will introduce the concept of Latin American cuisine to several AMResorts properties.
Coll further stated that:
“Without innovations we will not keep our position in the market.”
Mr. Coll added that overwater bungalows will be introduced at the Zoetry Isla Di Oro Aruba in 2018.
AMResorts is a large company with a worldwide reach; it owns 52 resorts under six brands in the Caribbean, Mexico and Latin America, with 11 more openings planned by 2019. There are also talks currently underway regarding new openings in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, St. Lucia, and Colombia.
Coll also stated that AMResorts would like to expand into Cuba. The company has been operating on the island as a tour operator through Apple Vacations since 2015, but is limited by the availability of hotel rooms in Havana, according to Coll. Coll stated that:
“Our company’s true interest is to have our hotel brands in Cuba, and it is just a matter of time.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...