Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay set to open on Egypt's Red Sea Riviera
Swiss hotel brand Movenpick is continuing to expand its presence in Egypt with a new beach and golf resort planned to open in the Red Sea Riviera area of Sokhna in 2020. The Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay will be the group’s ninth hotel in Egypt, where it also operates eight luxury river cruisers.
Global hotel group Movenpick has reinforced its commitment to the Egyptian tourism industry with the announcement of the opening of a new beach and golf resort on Egypt’s Red Sea Riviera. Country-wide, Movenpick already runs eight Nile river cruisers and eight hotels.
The Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay will be situated next to a sandy bay in the popular beach and golfing spot of Sokhna, close to Suez and just an hours’ drive from capital Cairo. The new luxury hotel will have 214 rooms and suites and is set to be completed by 2020.
It will be the Swiss brand’s second property in Sokhna, where it already manages Movenpick Resort El Sokhna. Often referred to as Cairo Beach, El Sokhna is the closest seaside destination to the Egyptian capital and has also carved a niche as a top regional golf location.
The new contemporary resort will overlook a world-class 18-hole golf course. Within the grounds there will be five dining options for guests, including a specialty restaurant and a rooftop lounge.
Plans for the resort also include meeting and event space spanning more than 1,000 square metres, a large swimming pool, an extensive spa and fitness facilities.
“As we accelerate our expansion in the Middle East and North Africa, Egypt is one of the key growth markets we are targeting and signing this new property in the stunning El Sokhna area not only confirms our long-term commitment to the country, but consolidates our position as a leading hospitality firm in the region.”
Said Movenpick Hotels & Resorts’ Chief Development Officer Andrew Langdon.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts operates hotels all over the Middle East and North Africa. Its Egypt portfolio includes properties in Aswan, Cairo, El Gouna, El Quseir, Sharm El Sheikh, Soma Bay and Taba.
The company is currently pursuing rapid expansion, with plans to operate 125 properties globally by 2020. Around 20 hotels are planned or under construction, including those in Chiang Mai in Thailand, Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia and Nairobi in Kenya.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonders, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the all-inclusive Hilton Hurghada Resort in Egypt and discover a...
Le Meridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a short...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...