Elite Island Resorts goes viral with a video salute to International Womens Day
In a nod to all women celebrating International Women's Day yesterday, Elite Island Resorts stepped up to the plate by releasing a candid video featuring their female staff across all of their eight resorts in the Caribbean. These beautiful proud ladies danced, lip-synched and strutted their stuff to the tunes of two empowering songs about women while showcasing the beauty of the resorts and their paradisiacal beachfront location.
Elite Island Resorts has certainly a lot to be celebrative about, just weeks ago we announced their innovative plans with the launch of a new Wellbeing Activities Menu to expand on the variety of recreational options they offer guests, and now they've released a fun music video giving an empowering "Salute" to ladies around the world on the occasion of International Women's Day.
Singing and dancing to the tune of Little Mix's "Salute" first and to Fifth Harmony's "That's my Girl", the fun music video shows an enthusiastic variety of Elite Island Resort's female staff, performing choreographed moves and mouthing lyrics that go something like this:
"Ladies all across the world,
Listen up, we're looking for recruits
If you with me, lemme see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute."
In a saluting fashion, Elite Island's ladies cheerfully participated in the video, some taking the lead as main performers and dancers while others filled in gaps with impromptu appearances, spirited outbursts and joyful dance moves. Elite Island's version of the Salute video clip featured a leading foursome of girls dressed in pink driving and dancing in front of a couple of Pink Panther Safari trucks in Antigua while the second part of the video had "That's my Girl" as main soundtrack and saw a wider variety of uniformed female staff performing, singing, dancing and even cart-wheeling along. From bar tenders to desk clerks, animation staff and managers, it's easy to see women are a big part of Elite Island Resorts' success.
Shooting locations included some of the resort's landscaped gardens, beaches, wedding gazebos and hotel interiors, from rooms to gift shops and everything in between, the video pays homage not only to the beautiful women of all ages, shapes and sizes that are part of Elite's team, but also their resort collection's immaculate beauty. From Elite Island Resorts and everyone here at The Holiday Place, we truly do hope all ladies out there had an amazing International Women's Day yesterday, feeling empowered and proud of all our achievements... And for many more to come!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...