Ground-breaking ceremony held for Sandals Barbados
Sandals Resort International has held an official ground-breaking ceremony at Sandals Barbados. The "Phase II" expansion of the Dover Beach property in Barbados is expected to be completed in November, 2017, and will include 222 new rooms, five new restaurants, a new spa and wellness sanctuary, three swimming pools, an entertainment pavilion with bowling alley, and conference facilities.
A ground-breaking ceremony has been held at Sandals Barbados as part of its multi-million dollar expansion programme. The hotel on Dover Beach is expected to become the largest Sandals resort in the Eastern Caribbean when completed. Sandals Resorts International recently held an official ceremony which was led by the company’s chairman Gordon ‘Butch’ Stewart, and the chief executive, Adam Stewart.
The “Phase II” expansion project is scheduled for completion in November, 2017, and will add accommodation and facilities to the existing 280-room beachfront hotel. Ricard Sealy, the Minister of Tourism for Barbados also attended the ground-breaking ceremony where he helped turn the soil and applauded Sandals’ contribution to the country’s tourism industry. He commented:
“In 2015 we welcomed 591,000 visitors to Barbados which was a new record and at least 20,000 of those were Sandals guests, so indeed we have seen the positive impact of Sandals...”
The project includes the construction of 222 new guest rooms and suites, five new restaurants serving international cuisine, a new spa and wellness sanctuary, three swimming pools, an entertainment pavilion with a bowling alley, and a state of the art conference and meeting facility spanning 10,500 square feet with capacity for 550 people.
Sandals Barbados currently has luxury accommodation in three categories: Ocean Village, Crystal Lagoon Village and Caribbean Village, and options include butler suites and swim-up river suites. The resort boasts upscale facilities including a modern fitness centre, an amphitheatre that overlooks the white sand beach, and the exclusive Red Lane Spa with six treatment rooms.
The resort is located on ten acres of tropical land on the site of the former Couples Resort in St Lawrence. It officially opened as Sandals Barbados in November, 2013 and in 2014, it underwent a major renovation project and reopened in January, 2015. Sandals Resorts International owns and operates all-inclusive luxury hotels and resorts across the Caribbean in tropical island destinations including St Lucia, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, Grenada, and The Bahamas.
During their stay at Sandals Barbados, guess can visit Harrison’s Cave, watch horses race at Garrison Savannah Racetrack, or go to the historic towns of Bridgetown, Holetown and Speightstown for shopping and cultural tours.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- September Sale now on with discounts of up to 15% off all rooms and a Special offer in Superior Ocean Front Studios
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- September Sale with up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Sample an assortment of fun activities for a relaxing holiday to remember at Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels
- Incredible Savings of up to 50% off all rooms
- Enjoy a complimentary Chef's Dinner and a Daily Hour of complimentary drinks at the Sunset Cocktail hour included in your stay
- Boutique art-focused hotel with thirty-five spacious suites
Sugar Bay Barbados is perfect for discovering Bajan Paradise in an All Inclusive Resort
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- September Sale now on with savings of upto 40% PLUS $20 Spa Credit per person
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...