American company promotes the classy experience of flying in private jets to Cuba
JetSuite, based in California, launched a service that reaches the major airport in Havana, connecting this capital with cities like New York, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta and Miami. Nevertheless, costumers still need to get permissions from the U.S government for travelling to Cuba.
Luxury charters for a maximum of six passengers flying in non-stop journeys to Cuba is the new service promoted by the American operator JetSuite, the first U.S. private company that has taken the chance of exploiting this area of the aviation market since the recent easing of travel regulations between both countries.
Alex Wilcox, JetSuite CEO, stated last week that his company:
"...continues to revolve around making private air travel accessible to more people than ever before, and offering an unprecedented level of transparency, and we are thrilled to expand our service to Cuba."
To be unambiguous with the prices is one of the pillars of this American enterprise, which has already posted in its website a list specifying the charges for the trips, depending on their length.
Flying in a Cessna CJ3 will cost between $11,152 and $23,675 U.S. dollars. When they announced the service, the company declared that due to restrictions surrounding U.S. citizen travel to Cuba, actual pricing is estimated at the company's June 2015 50k member rates.
JetSuite passengers are still responsible for obtaining their own permissions for traveling to Cuba from the U.S. government, and they are required to present their licenses to the company. Clients could visit the island if they prove, for example, that they will be visiting their family; making official business; reporting events as journalists; taking part on professional research or meetings; and participating in educational, religious, artistic, sports and humanitarian activities or projects.
Wilcox said to the press that even with these standing regulations JetSuite has received requests from potential customers, keen to explore an exciting destination in a reformation period.
On October last year, British based private operator Victor, partnering with Educational Travel, kicked off a service that connects nineteen U.S. cities with Havana, Cuba; offering clients the opportunity to choose from a range of private jets and to build their itineraries.
Regular commercial flights between the U.S. and Cuba are not approved yet, as the longstanding embargo impedes this type of activity. However, the amount of companies offering charter services has increased last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...