Elated winner of The Holiday Place and EE competition is revealed
Last autumn The Holiday Place teamed up with EE to launch a very special competition in which participants could win a full seven-night holiday to Cuba for two people, including flights. The final winner was recently picked out and we're happy to announce his name now as well as thank everyone who entered the prize draw. Remember, there are no real losers as we offered everyone who entered £50 off their next holiday with us!
Last September EE and The Holiday Place worked together to launch a fun competition (with an extremely attractive first prize) that rewarded not only a main winner but absolutely everyone else who entered.
For one lucky winner the big prize up for grabs was a luxurious one-week holiday to Cuba for two, staying at the five-star all-inclusive Melia Las Dunas hotel perfectly poised in the idyllic offshore key of Cayo Santa Maria. The holiday up for grabs also included return flights from London.
After the draw was officiated we are now happy to reveal the winner as Richard Coles, who after bagging the dream holiday of a lifetime said on behalf of himself and the lucky partner that would be accompanying him on his trip:
"We are both looking forward to the holiday and using it as our honeymoon. From both of us we would like to thank The Holiday Place for the holiday and how helpful everyone has been."
In order to participate in the prize draw, which ran between September and October, all participants had to do was answer one simple question (the answer to which could be found in EE’s weekly newsletter) regarding the discount amount on an offer for accessories they had featured. All right answers were automatically entered into the prize draw but even for those that didn’t get it right, The Holiday Place wanted to reward each single participant for their enthusiasm in entering the competition with a runner-up prize.
So, all those who registered in the competition were automatically rewarded with a £50 discount off their next holiday with The Holiday Place, redeemable online or on the phone via a special code. Because it’s much nicer to make everyone a winner and just for showing interest in the amazing holidays we offer you’re a winner in our eyes, here is to spending that £50 with us in the near future!
Finally, we just want to warmly congratulate Richard Coles again on his very special win and thank him as well as everyone who participated in the competition (yes, over 50,000 of you who entered!). We look forward to providing you with the holiday you deserve!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...