Qatar Airways to launch first direct flights between UK and Ras Al Khaimah in October
Qatar Airways has announced that it will become the first airline to operate direct flights between the UK and Ras Al Khaimah. The flights will commence on 1st October, 2015 and will be operated on a state-of-the-art Airbus A380 from Manchester Airport and London Heathrow. Ras Al Khaimah is emerging as a popular tourist destination in the United Arab Emirates.
Qatar Airways will be the first airline to launch direct flights between the UK and Ras Al Khaimah. The airline will launch the flights on 1st October, 2015 and they will operate from Manchester International (MAN) and London Heathrow (LHR) airports.
The flights will be served by Airbus A380 aircraft, with a choice of Business and Economy class cabin categories. Premium customers will have access to the London Heathrow Premium Lounge and the A380 lounge while on board the aircraft.
The service will depart London Heathrow twice daily on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, with return flights from Ras Al Khaimah to London on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and from Manchester on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, returning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven states in the United Arab Emirates and it is emerging as a new tourist destination in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent development of many new luxury hotels.
Situated in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and turquoise lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coastline with an array of pristine white sandy beaches.
Tourists can also take tours to historic sites such as forts and abandoned villages, and the emirate boast an array of gourmet restaurants serving local and international cuisine, plus luxury spas for pampering breaks.
The emirate boasts two championship golf courses, and tourists can enjoy a wide selection of outdoor activities such as swimming, fishing, desert tours by safari, traditional Bedouin desert camping, or fun for all ages at Iceland Water Park.
The United Arab Emirates in the Middle East are home to the majestic Hatta Mountains, and include Ajman and Umm Al Quwain, as well as the popular destinations of Dubai and Abu Dhabi that boast lavish hotels, unique soaring architecture, luxury shopping malls, soaring sand dunes, and attractions like the Yas Island Marina Circuit, the manmade Palm Islands, and the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Dubai city break and All Inclusive Ras Al Khaimah Escape
- With amazing facilities and stunning views of downtown Dubai, what better base to explore this amazing city
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the hotels
- Choose to be as active or as chilled out as you like
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of every traveller
- With 650-meter private beach, 7 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relaxation in one of two luxury spas
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, the Hilton Al Hamra Beach...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...