JetBlue Airways to add new weekly charter flight to Cuba this summer
JetBlue Airways will add a new charter flight to Cuba to its schedule after signing and agreement with ABC Charters. The weekly flight will start on 5th June, 2015 and will operate between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba on Fridays bringing the total of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four.
JetBlue Airways has announced the addition of a new weekly charter flight to Havana, after it signed an agreement with its partner ABC Charters.
The airline will launch the new flight on 5th June, 2015 and it will operate on Fridays between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba.
The new service brings the airline's number of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four and it marks the first expansion of a charter service by a U.S airline since the Cuba travel restrictions were eased in January this year.
Scott Laurence, the Senior Vice President of Airline Planning for JetBlue, explained:
"Cuba will one day play an important role in our overall Caribbean network, a region where customer response has already helped us grow into the leading US airline.
"Expanding our charter program today reflects the thoughtful approach we are taking in Cuba over the long-term."
JetBlue Airways and ABC Charters currently offer weekly flights between Tampa (TPA) and Havana (HAV) on Tuesdays and Tampa and Santa Clara in Cuba on Wednesdays.
JetBlue also operates Friday flights between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Havana (HAV) through Xael Charters.
The Cuba flights are served by Airbus A320 aircraft with 150 leather seats, free seat entertainment, free snacks, and the most legroom available in economy class on any U.S carrier.
In interview with travel media Laurence also commented:
"Travellers to Cuba would prefer to fly in a roomy and comfortable aircraft with an airline they know and trust."
"By expanding our charter program, we are able to bring the JetBlue experience that customers love on our modern fleet of aircraft to even more people making their way to Cuba."
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea with popular tourist destinations including Varadero Beach, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana City, the country's capital city which is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...