St Lucia looks set to build on increased international arrivals in 2015
St. Lucia is proving that it is one the hottest holiday destinations in the Caribbean. Arrivals statistics from 2014 show a six per cent growth in the number of travellers booking holidays in St Lucia when compared with the same period in 2013. A boost in arrivals from key source markets like the US, UK and Canada were key to the strong performance.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia is celebrating a recording breaking performance for its tourism industry in 2014 and given the impressive figures, officials expect to continue the trend into 2015.
According to the recently released statistics, there were approximately 340,000 travellers who travelled to St Lucia during 2014 - representing a six per cent growth year-on-year.
Notably, St. Lucia has also proven that it is more than just a seasonal holiday destination with seven record breaking months last year (February, March, April, June, October, November and December).
St. Lucia bolstered its position as a top holiday destination among its key markets. An increase in arrivals from the US, St. Lucia's largest source market, was key to the boost in figures in 2014 with an 11 per cent year-on-year growth. Arrivals from St. Lucia's second largest source market - the United Kingdom also saw a modest year-on-year growth with a four per cent increase while arrivals from Canada grew by an impressive 15 per cent.
Another factor that has helped to boost the popularity of St. Lucia among travellers planning luxury holidays in the Caribbean has been the high profile accolades including being named the "Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Destination" by the prestigious World Travel Awards as well as being listed in Travel and Leisure's World's Best List and Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List.
Additionally, St Lucia was selected as the destination for the finale of the popular US reality TV series The Bachelor and was also featured in Sport's Illustrated's 50th anniversary swimsuit issue.
Coupled with these awards and notable mentions, officials feel confident that events like the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival and the continued investment in developing the island's hotels will serve to ensure that St. Lucia continues to attract travellers from around the world.
"Partnership is key to keeping the momentum strong for Saint Lucia's marketing efforts. We work closely with our hotel and product partners, travel agent partners, tour operators, and airlines, to harness ideas and resources for the success of the overall destination."
Stated Loius Lewis St. Lucia's Director of Tourism for the St Lucia Tourist Board.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at the luxurious Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia, taking advantage of a hotel designed for romanceing
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
- Summer Sale now extended and revised with discounted savings for stays until 2019 of up to 52%
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Additional Booking Bonus of up to £325 per booking on top of the 45% savings - please call for more details
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at St James's Club Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway at Rendezvous you and your loved one have always fantasised about with a stay on the...
Situated in the heart of Gros Islet is the magnificent Bay Gardens Inn, a classy resort set in lush tropical gardens....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings out...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the all-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...