Hilton Hurghada Plaza becomes first Middle East Hilton hotel to receive Green Globe Certification
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has become the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive Green Globe Certification. The five-star hotel overlooks the Red Sea in Egypt and has its own private beach and it implements environmentally-friendly and sustainable practices throughout the luxury property.
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has received the coveted Green Globe Certification, making it the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive the status.
The five-star hotel in Egypt has a private beach for guests and the property implements environmentally sustainable practices throughout.
Mehdi Othmani, the hotel's General Manager, commented:
"We look at this award as recognition of the progressive and sustainable environmental operating policies that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been pursuing for the past few years."
"It is not only a great motivation for myself and for my amazing team but at the same time it recognises the commitment of every individual to carry out their work in a quality minded, responsible and sustainable way."
Hilton Hurghada Plaza's green efforts were recognised at the 2014 World Travel Awards in London last November when the luxury hotel scooped two awards for Africa's Leading Green Hotel and also Egypt's Leading Green Hotel.
Green Globe is the official global certification for sustainable tourism and its members are awarded for their energy and water-saving efforts and promotion of environmentally friendly ethics.
Hilton Worldwide now operates more than 20 Egypt hotels in destinations including Sharm El Sheikh, Cairo, Nuweiba, Luxor, Alexandria, Dahab, Taba, Marsa Alam, and Hurghada.
Hurghada is a coastal region in Egypt's Red Sea that has becoming increasingly popular because of its wide choice of excellent diving sites and warm, crystal clear ocean waters where scuba divers and snorkellers can swim alongside an array of stunning marine life in the Red Sea.
Each year, millions of international tourists visit Egypt to explore the country's incredible historical offerings. Holidaymakers can take cruises up the River Nile and visit ancient temples such as the Temple of Karnak, Luxor Temple, and Valley of the Kings. The renowned pyramids can be found in Giza on the outskirts of Cairo, and the largest Egyptian pyramid is the Pyramid of Khufu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Relax on the sandy beach or join in the various activities on offer at his fantastic hotel
- AMC Royal Hotel is set on the sandy beach of the Red Sea in-between Hurghada and El Gouna
- They have various activities on offer at the hotel including a daily animation programme, non motorised water sports and nightly entertainment
- There is various food options available especially at dinner with a buffet nightly themed restaurant, Italian buffet restaurant and a Oriental themed restaurant
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the all-inclusive Hilton Hurghada Resort in Egypt and discover a...
Le Meridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a short...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...