First "Matilda Lifestyle Collection" hotel to be launched in Playa del Carmen
Following the success of Hotel Matilda in San Miguel de Allende, hotel management company Cornerstone will soon launch the first of its Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotels in Cancun's Playa del Carmen. Much like the original Hotel Matilda, this eagerly anticipated boutique hotel will be heavily focused on luxury, innovation and unique art work - embodying the essence of hippie chic.
Cornerstone, the hotel management company behind the "Matilda" boutique hotel concept, is set to launch its very first Hotel Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotel Playa del Carmen, Cancun. The eagerly anticipated hippie chic Hotel Cacao, scheduled to open its doors this September, is expected to embody all that the Matilda concept represents.
The 60 room boutique hotel will feature:
- One of a kind art works including an original jungle mural by Eduardo Kobra- a renowned street artist
- Mouth watering cuisine with a menu developed by former chef de cuisine at Moxi, Alejandro Cuatepotzo
- Designer amenities including Missoni designed bathrooms and a hyacinth lily pond designed by architect Rodrigo de la Pena
The collection's heavy focus on innovation, unique artwork and design is very much in keeping with the original Hotel Matilda, which is just as renowned for its art gallery like interior as it is for its location within UNESCO World Heritage Site San Miguel de Allende. Managing partner at Cornerstone, Bruce James, stated the following of the unique collection:
"At art-and-culture-themed Hotel Matilda, we elevated hospitality to the level of an innovative work of art where guests are immersed in edgy luxury and cultural experiences. While each hotel will have a distinctive personality, it is the shared Hotel Matilda lifestyle that defines the Cornerstone collection".
Hoteliers from all inclusive beach resorts to luxury boutique hotels like Hotel Cacao are all keen to either gain entry or expand in the booming Mexico tourism market. It has been reported that the number of travelers booking holidays in Mexico during the first half of 2014 has increased to 6.9 million- representing a near 11 per cent rise when compared to the same period last year.
Undoubtedly, Cancun remains Mexico's most popular holiday destination with its white sandy beaches still the preferred stomping ground of US students during their spring break holidays each year.
Mexico's tourism industry accounts for nine per cent of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and generates jobs for over two million people.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind in style, surrounded by sleek, stylish design and cutting edge facilities
- The interiors are designed to frame the magnificent sea panoramas and remind you of the stunning location within which you are staying.
- The sleek and classy white interiors frame the magnificent sea panoramas reminding you of the stunning location within which you are staying
- The proximity to both Cancun and a stunning stretch of beach
An unforgettable holiday to a 5-star all-inclusive beach hotel in Riviera Maya
- Sip an exotic cocktail at Helios, an adults-only beach club
- Make reservations using the Grand Palladium Hotel Group application
- A wide range of treatments at the Zentropia Palladium Spa & Wellness
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all-inclusive luxury 24 hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Mega savings for Summer travel
- All-inclusive Unlimited-Luxury® concept
- Amazing beachfront Resort
No luxury is spared at the TRS Coral Hotel – enjoy gourmet a la carte dining, elegant suites and more!
- Breath-taking views of the aquamarine Caribbean Sea
- Stunning swim out suites with a spacious terrace and direct access to the pool
- The bustling city of Cancun and ancient Mayan ruins are only a short drive away
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Located on the pristine beach of Costa Mujeres just a short drive away from the vibrant city of Cancún, the TRS Coral...
Located in the vibrant Riviera Maya area along the white sandy Mexican coastline, the TRS Yucatan Hotel is a...
No matter if you're returning or if it's your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
The Maya Riviera has been a tourist magnet for many years now; heed the call of this magical destination and enjoy sun...