COMO Hotels and Resorts opens second resort in the Maldives
COMO Hotels and Resorts have announced that it has opened a new hotel in the Maldives. Located on 20 acres of land on a private island in the Thaa atoll, Maalifushi by COMO has 66 overwater and garden guest suites and villas, the 'Madi' restaurant, an onsite dive centre, and the COMO Shambhala Retreat spa with eight overwater treatment rooms.
COMO Hotels and Resorts have opened a brand new property in the Thaa Atoll in the Maldives.Maalifushi by COMO is a luxurious 66-room resort located on 20 acres of tropical land on a private island in the Maldives that caters for families, couples and friends.
The property's accommodation is made up of overwater suites and villas that stand on wooden walkways above the sparkling turquoise shallow lagoon and feature private pools; garden rooms with outdoor decks that are nestled in the resort' lush, exotic gardens; and beach suites and villas with private pools.
Guest room amenities include air conditioning and antique colonial ceiling fans, mini bar with snacks, Nespresso machines, 46-inch LED/plasma satellite TVs, bathtubs and separate showers, and wireless Internet.
The luxury beachfront resort's restaurants include Taj, a Japanese restaurant, and Madi, an all-day dining outlet that serves fresh Maldivian cuisine and healthy COMO Shambhala dishes.
The COMO Shambhala Retreat spa is a tranquil sanctuary where guests can unwind and enjoy pampering treatments and services in eight ocean-facing treatment rooms. The spa also has steam rooms, an open air yoga pavilion, a sauna and a Jacuzzi.
The azure waters surrounding the private island are peppered with an array of uninhabited islands and there is a small piece of land that belongs to the resort where guests can enjoy private romantic dinners and secluded picnics.
Maalifushi by COMO boasts an onsite dive centre where guests can explore the crystal clear waters of Thaa atoll through guided diving excursions led by a Marine Biologist and certified PADI instructors. Divers and snorkelers will have the chance to see colourful untouched corals, tropical reef fish and sea creatures, and hammerhead and whale sharks.
COMO Hotels and Resorts operate a second property in the Maldives; Cocoa Island by COMO, that is situated in the South Male atoll and opened in 2002.
The Maldives is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean that spans nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The stunning destination is a hotspot for romantic weddings and honeymoons, fun family holidays and scuba diving adventures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity
- Try snorkelling, scuba diving and more
- Stay in luxurious bungalows
- Excellent choice of for both dining and drinking
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
Reethi Faru is a tropical island paradise in the Maldives, lapped by the crystalline waters of the Indian Ocean,...