Cuba Cruise embarks on premiere voyage from Havana
Cuba Cruise embarked on its first voyage from Havana in Cuba last weekend where it will circumnavigate the island stopping off first at Holguin. The ship will call at six ports and passengers will be able to visit the country's stunning beaches, wander around its colonial towns and explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Cuba Cruise has embarked on its first voyage from Havana where it will circumnavigate the island nation.
After four years of planning and preparation, the Cuba Cruise vessel departed Havana last weekend heading to its first port of call Holguin. The ship will call at six ports in total and passengers will be able to stop off and enjoy the country's pristine beaches, visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites, and wander around historic colonial towns.
Dugald Wells, the President of Cuba Cruise, explained:
"Leaving the port for the first time was a magical experience. The energy is incredible and we're all very excited for the journey and adventures that await."
Cuba cruises will take place onboard the 480 stateroom, 25,611 tonne ship Louis Cristal which will depart from the city of Havana and travel around Cuba, stopping off at six ports.
The 960-passenger ship will provide plenty of entertainment and excellent cuisine for tourists visiting Cuba and guests can enjoy authentic Cuban dishes and international menus, plus dance and music performed by local Cuban performers.
There will also be cruises departing from Montego Bay in Jamaica enabling easy access for visitors' enjoying Caribbean holidays.
Facilities onboard the Cuba Cruise vessel include, a casino, stylish restaurants, elegant lounges, and open promenades, a swimming pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, shops, and meeting and conference rooms.
Cuba Cruise has 15 sailings scheduled for the 2013/2014 inaugural season and the cruise holidays last seven nights.
The Caribbean island of Cuba is a popular destination for international tourists thanks to its beautiful landscapes, rich history, and cultural offerings.
The bustling capital city of Havana is home to decaying ruins of historic buildings, vibrant bars and cafes, and bustling markets and streets, while the beach resort of Varadero boasts white sand beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of the most popular attractions for travellers taking holidays to Cuba due to its turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...