Costa Rica's Playa Nosara named as one of best travel destination in 2014 by CNN
The cable news network CNN has ranked a beach in Costa Rica as one of the best tourism destinations for 2014. Playa Nosara (Nosara Beach) on the Nicoya Peninsula has been included because of its "eco-friendliness" and it offers a safe environment and educational programmes for families with children of all ages.
CNN has named a Costa Rican beach as one of the best tourism destinations for 2014 because of its "eco-friendliness".
The cable news network listed the pristine "Playa Nosara" (Nosara Beach) on the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica as a hotspot for 2014 because of its wide range of environmental programmes for families with children of all ages.
Alvin Rosenbaum, a visiting scholar at George Washington University's International Institute of Tourism, explained:
"Its pristine beaches are responsible for the introduction of an array of new activities for families with children, ranging from toddlers' programs to educational and volunteer programmess for older children. Nosara prides itself on its beaches and wildlife refuges and is now one of the most environmentally aware communities in Latin America."
CNN released a list of 11 places to visit worldwide next year and Costa Rica joined three other destinations in Latin America: Ecuador, Panama City and Brazil.
Visitors to Playa Nosara (Nosara Beach) can take part in eco-friendly activities and programmes, as well as surfing, nature hikes and yoga retreats. The beach in Guanacaste is also building a recycling centre, which shows its commitment to environmental sustainability.
Costa Rica is a country bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The nation boasts over 1,000 miles of stunning coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, majestic mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
As a leading eco-friendly holiday destination, the country is home to a plethora of exotic animals such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, and wild cats, as well as hundreds of colourful tropical birds including toucans.
Tourists who love adventure sports can take part in several exhilarating activities such as soaring through the sky above exotic rainforests and national parks on zip lines, surfing, white water rafting, trekking and horseback riding.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
This holiday offers a fantastic base to explore Costa Rica, or relax in splendid surroundings
- Enjoy long summer days on a secluded beach or discover the rich natural ecology of the area
- Those looking for an active holiday can try horse riding, kayaking, windsurfing, hiking and mountain biking
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...