Construction started on new five-star hotel in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
The SunVesta Swiss Holding Group has announced that it is building a brand new luxury resort in the province of Guanacaste in Costa Rica. The hotel is scheduled to open its doors to tourists in late 2014 and it will feature 328 guest rooms, nine restaurants, eight bars, meeting space, and a beach club.
Costa Rica will receive a brand new luxury resort by the end of 2014 after SunVesta Swiss Holding Group announced that construction has begun on a property in the Gulf of Papagayo.
The new hotel will be located in the country's north-western province of Guanacaste and will feature 328 deluxe guest rooms, nine restaurants, eight bars, a beach club, and meeting facilities.
Named as the Paradisus Papagayo Bay Resort and Luxury Villas, the hotel will replace the Paradisus Playa Conchal hotel and it is being built in cooperation with the flagship brand of Melia Hotels International, Paradisus Resorts.
The luxury resort will be built on 21 hectares of land and according to the press release, its accommodation, facilities, and services "meets all required specifications to qualify as five-star hotel".
In May this year, the President and CEO of the SunVesta Group, Josef Mettler, said:
"SunVesta and DIA are thrilled to be partnering with Paradisus Resorts on this project, where we will combine high-end luxury with a sustainable eco-friendly development concept, resulting in a world-class eco-luxury resort with the highest service standards.
"We believe in investing in prime locations and working with the best companies to achieve the best ecological and financial results, and this project couldn't be a better example of our credo."
Guanacaste is the perfect destination for tourists who are looking for sunshine and fun in Costa Rica. The region boasts an array of pristine white sandy beaches and the Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to beautiful cascading waterfalls and thriving wildlife.
In Costa Rica, holidaymakers can go surfing, hike up volcanoes, enjoy a night out in Tamarindo, or visit the beautiful Lake Arenal.
Costa Rica is a Central American country that is bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. It is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes and the nation boasts over 1000 miles of stunning coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, high mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves which are teeming with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
The country was ranked as the happiest place in the world in the 2012 edition of the New Economics Foundation's Happy Planet.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- See the natural wonders of Costa Rica
- Sky Walk Arenal’s Hanging Bridges
- Includes Sarapiqui River Rafting class
This holiday offers a fantastic base to explore Costa Rica, or relax in splendid surroundings
- Enjoy long summer days on a secluded beach or discover the rich natural ecology of the area
- Those looking for an active holiday can try horse riding, kayaking, windsurfing, hiking and mountain biking
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...