Extra flights and holidays to the Caribbean available from Manchester in 2013
Manchester based airline Thomas Cook has recently announced that it will be offering Britons the opportunity to book Caribbean holidays from Manchester starting in the 2013 winter season. Travellers will be able to travel to two of the more popular Caribbean holiday destinations St Lucia and Antigua both via Barbados- another favorite sun, sea and sand holiday spot for many UK travellers.
Britons looking to book their 2013 sunny holidays to the Caribbean now have even more options available to them as Thomas Cook Airlines announce that they will be operating flights to Caribbean holidays from Manchester. Thomas Cook will offer travellers flights to popular Caribbean holiday destinations- St Lucia and Antigua with both routes flying via Barbados from 10th November 2013 and 29th December 2013 respectively.
The Manchester based airline will be the first to challenge London's stranglehold on outgoing flights to the Caribbean region.
"It's fantastic news that we're able to offer UK travellers seat-only and holidays from Manchester to some of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean, initially for the coming winter season. With the recent reduction in connections from Manchester to Gatwick limiting the travel options for those from the Midlands, the North and Scotland to connect with Caribbean flights from London, we're pleased to be able to offer more flexibility and choice for our customers, competing with the very best scheduled and charter carriers" noted Thomas Cook Group's head of air travel Christoph Debus.
While 20 per cent of seats will be blocked off for travellers booking packages and Caribbean holidays from Manchester, the remaining 80 per cent will available for those customers interested in the flight only option. The prices for a return flight are expected to start from as low as £464- ideal for those travellers planning a budget holiday to Barbados, Antigua or St Lucia.
With the UK a key source market for the Caribbean holiday industry, Thomas Cook's decision will certainly have been welcomed news as the region battles against a fall in visitors from the UK. Recently released statistics from the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) revealed a 12 per cent decline in UK visitors to the Caribbean since 2009 – a trend that the CTO may be able to reverse with the competitive prices and improved flexibility that Thomas Cook is now offering Britons.
The steep increases in the UK's Air Passenger Duty (APD) have made the cost of travel to the Caribbean islands more expensive than many travellers can afford. The APD, which is calculated based on the distance between London and destination's capital city, means that a family of four travelling to the Caribbean would be faced with a staggering £322 in APD compared to £280 for a holiday in Hawaii who falls into a lower tax band despite the longer distance from the UK.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...