Beyonce and Jay-Z selected Havana for their Fifth Wedding Anniversary
World famous pop star Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z paid a visit to Havana in Cuba last week to spend their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island. The couple were seen dining in authentic Cuba restaurants with both of their mothers, and they took a tour of colonial Old Havana while eager fans crowded to see them.
Pop superstar Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z spent their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island of Cuba last week. The celebrity couple paid a visit to Havana, the island's capital, where they dined in traditional restaurants and toured the city.
The couple sampled local Cuban cuisine at the famous restaurant, La Guarida, on Wednesday evening, along with both of their mothers who accompanied them on their journey. They ate a typical Cuban Creole dish with fish, chicken, rice and black beans.
Beyonce then took a tour of the restaurant which was used to film the movies "Strawberry and Chocolate", and looked at the pictures of celebrity diners from the past including Danny Glover, Will Smith, Jodie Foster and Jack Nicholson.
Waitress Silvia Fernandez said that a huge crowd had formed outside below and the RnB singer went out to the balcony to wave to her fans.
"She was beautiful, without a drop of makeup, very natural," Fernandez commented. "What happened with the people was incredible."
On Thursday, the pair spent their wedding anniversary touring colonial Old Havana which is a hotspot for tourists enjoying Cuba holidays. Surrounded by adoring fans and bodyguards, Beyonce posed for pictures with local schoolchildren while Jay-Z tried out a local Cuban cigar. During their visit to Cuba, they dined at another restaurant which features a rooftop terrace and stunning views of the harbour.
In 2011, US President Obama eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for U.S travellers who are visiting the island for professional, cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes.
Since the change in law, the communist island has received an influx of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba thanks to its close proximity to the United States and the country is a hotspot for celebrities.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea, located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to breathtaking landscapes such as white and golden sand beaches, thriving national parks, and the world's second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...