Indian Hotels opens 100th property and plans to expand to Cuba
Indian Hotels Company, the owners of Taj hotels and resorts, now operates 100 hotels in India after celebrating the opening its 100th property Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon in the Millennium City of Gurgaon last week. The company is planning to expand its portfolio of international properties in destinations including China, Africa, West Asia and Cuba.
Indian Hotels Company is celebrating the opening of its 100th Indian property with the launch of Vivanta by Taj in the Millennium City of Gurgaon. As well as operating 100 hotels in India, the company, which owns Taj hotels and resorts, is planning to expand its portfolio of international properties with the opening of ten new hotels in China, Africa, West Asia and Cuba.
Speaking at the launch of Vivanta by Taj last week, Raymond N Bickson, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Hotels Company Limited, commented: "It is a proud moment for us to be part of this occasion. With the launch of Vivanta by Taj – Gurgaon, NCR, not only have we expanded the footprint of the brand into the business district, but also accomplished a significant milestone in the group's journey, by becoming the 100th hotel in India in our ever growing portfolio.
"It further reinforces our commitment to expand our service offerings to newer destinations in the country. It also supports the company's objective of achieving growth through domestic dominance. Vivanta by Taj is a testament to the dynamism and innovation that the Taj is renowned for."
The company currently has 17 international hotels and resorts and the new properties, including the hotel in Cuba, will primarily be luxurious hotels included in their Taj and Vivanta brands.
Vivanta is the hotel group's brand for premium luxury hotels and was launched in September, 2010. There are now 26 Vivanta hotels in India and other destinations, 14 of which were converted from Taj to Vivanta as part of brand restructuring project. Indian Hotels Company plans to ass a further 15 Vivanta properties in the next five years.
Vivanta by Taj – Gurgaon is located 30 kilometres south of India's capital, New Delhi, and is a stylish and contemporary hotel for business and leisure travellers.
Situated close to the business district and leisure hotspots such as Kingdom of Dreams, the DLF Golf Course and Gurgaon's shopping malls, travellers can enjoy a luxurious experience thanks to the imaginative Vivanta by Taj brand.
The sleek high-rise hotel has the Jiva Spa; the Thai Pavilion with delicious Siam cuisine, Latitude, "Rhythm" lounge and the vibrant Tease bar; beautifully-furnished banquet space; and 189 guest rooms with city and pool views, 18 suites, and a presidential suite with an executive lounge on the 10th floor.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...