Boutique Costa Rica resort, Hotel Makanda, receives TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award
Hotel Makanda by the Sea has been honoured with a coveted 2013 TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award in the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America category. The boutique hotel in Costa Rica has been recognised for its high standards of accommodation, service and romantic offerings, after previous guests posted their rave reviews on the TripAdvisor website.
Just very recently the Hotel Makanda by the Sea has been recognised as one of the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America after it received a coveted 2013 TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award.
The boutique hotel in Costa Rica received the award after former guests wrote positive reviews on the leading travel website, TripAdvisor.com. The property's high standards of accommodation, service and romantic offerings were honoured and recognised in the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America category.
"We have an ongoing hotel staff training program, as well as adding a strict sustainable tourism policy and launching numerous community projects and recycle initiatives, which have gone above and beyond maintaining our romantic and exclusive hotel ambiance," explained Kimberly Barron, the Director of Marketing at Hotel Makanda.
"Makanda is very proud that our guests have recognized our extensive efforts and have taken the time to post their positive reviews."
To qualify for a TripAdvisor award, properties must receive an average four or higher out of five stars when travellers vote in specific categories over a 12-month period.
"We strive to offer our customers a memorable travel experience at an affordable price, and this prestigious accolade is evidence that our hard work is translating into positive recognition by our valued guests." Ms. Barron added.
Makanda by the Sea is situated within 12 acres of thriving wildlife sanctuary and it provides a tranquil retreat for tourists taking Costa Rica holidays. The luxurious adults-only property stands out from other Costa Rica hotels with its rainforest gardens that overlook the 60-mile coastline and provide a romantic setting for honeymoons or weddings.
In Costa Rica, couples can enjoy romantic sunsets, gourmet cuisine, high end service, and access to the nearby tropical Manuel Antonio Park and white sand beaches.
"TripAdvisor is once again thrilled to recognise the world's most outstanding hotels with the help of more than 75 million reviews and opinions from travellers around the globe," commented Christine Petersen, the President of TripAdvisor for Business.
"From the best bargain hotels to top luxury properties, outstanding service, value and quality are the hallmarks of our Travellers' Choice winners."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- Activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...