Etihad Airways Breaks Record with 65,000 Flight Bookings in One Day
Abu Dhabi's national air carrier, Etihad Airways, recorded its highest ever number of bookings made in one day on 11th June after 65,000 people booked Abu Dhabi holidays and flights to destinations all over the world. The figure broke the airline's previous bookings record, which was achieved on 13th January this year, by 13 per cent.
Etihad Airways broke a new record last month after travellers booked 65,000 flights with the Abu Dhabi-based airline, in just one day,
The record was broken as thousands of passengers booked fights for Abu Dhabi holidays and destinations all over the world on 11th June, 2012, beating the previous record which was made on 13th January, 2012, by 13 per cent.
The national air carrier of Abu Dhabi recorded its highest number of booking made over a four-day period between 14th and 17th June, 2012, and nearly 2,900 combined bookings for Diamond First and Pearl Business Class flights were also booked on 17th June.
Etihad Airways' President and Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, commented: "Etihad Airways is experiencing exceptional demand for flights across our network for this weekend and into the summer. We are delighted to have broken our own records for flights bookings and will look to raise the bar further over the coming months.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
"The Etihad Airways network and aircraft fleet has expanded greatly in the past 12 months and we are delighted to offer customers flights and world class services to short, medium and long haul destinations. This flight demand will continue to grow and we urge our customers to book their summer travel quickly to avoid disappointment."
In addition to operating routes for holidays to Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways also provides routes for Dubai holidays and flights to 73 destinations across the world including Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Russia, Canada, the United States, China, Japan, India, the Middle East, Thailand, South Africa and the Seychelles.
After a global media campaign was launched at the beginning of June this year, new media records have been broken including 876,000 views on YouTube of the English version of the “Why Etihad” television advert, and 1.5 million views of all of its video content on the airline’s YouTube channel.
This summer, Etihad will operate 1,262 flights to Abu Dhabi and major global cities every week with 280,498 seats available, which is a 14 per cent increase compared to the 1,106 flights last summer.
In 2011, the air carrier transported 8.3 million passengers to their global destinations on its fleet or aircraft that includes 66 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. One hundred more aircraft are on order including 10 Airbus A380s, the world’s largest aircraft.
Etihad Airways has been bringing tourists to their holidays in Abu Dhabi since 2003 and the airline is also the official sponsor of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix until 2015.
At the 2011 World Travel Awards, Etihad Airways was voted as the World’s Leading Airline in 2011 for the second year in a row.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...