Virgin Atlantic To Launch Extra Flight for Jamaica Holidays in November 2012
Virgin Atlantic has announced that it will be adding an extra weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica from Gatwick Airport this winter. Travellers will now be able to choose from three weekly flights for their Jamaica holidays as the Caribbean island celebrates its 50th year of independence. The new flight will commence on Friday 3rd November, 2012.
Virgin Atlantic has announced the addition of a new weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica that will commence on 3rd November, 2012.
Travellers will have an additional weekly flight to choose from when planning their Jamaica holidays and the airline now offers a total of three weekly Jamaica flights departing from London Gatwick Airport on Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays.
“The flight will bring a welcome boost to tourist and visitor numbers to the UK and Jamaica with growing demand between the two locations,” explained Nick Parker, Virgin Atlantic’s Regional Manager for the Caribbean.
Tourists have plenty of reasons to go on holidays to Jamaica this year as the Caribbean island nation celebrates its 50th year of Independence. The island is offering an array of events and activities throughout the year including the Ocho Rios Jazz Festival that is currently taking place from 9th -17th June, 2012.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Virgin Atlantic is in the process of refurbishing the aircraft used for flights to Jamaica and the work will be completed by the time the new service is launched later this year.
“We have committed more than £50 million to completely refurbishing the aircraft used on this service including new wider seats in Economy and Premium Economy and a new touch screen Inflight Entertainment system throughout,” Mr Parker said.
“The new system by Panasonic offers 300 hours of content including the latest movies, TV shows and music for our passenger’s enjoyment.”
The Chief Executive Officer of Montego Bay Airports Limited explained that the UK is the “largest inbound market from Europe to Jamaica” and Virgin Atlantic plays a key role in bringing these travellers to their holidays in Jamaica.
Image by: traceysfootprints, on Flickr
He added: “They have been a strong partner with us since starting their operations to Montego Bay in 2006 and we look forward to their continued success. We very much welcome this extra service.”
Jamaica is a beautiful island situated at the heart of the Caribbean Sea and is one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed by turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice during their tropical Jamaica holiday.
Famous for its laid-back lifestyle, delicious cuisine and being the homeland of the legendary singer Bob Marley, the country is a popular place to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the Caribbean.
In 2011 the island nation was voted as the “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row at the World Travel awards ceremony that took place at one of the most luxurious Jamaica hotels, Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island in Montego Bay.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Free upgrade to Taum Studio Pool View room
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...