Cayo Santa Maria in Villa Clara prepares to host the 2012 International Tourism Fair in Cuba
Cayo Santa Maria, in Villa Clara, is getting ready to offer a warm welcome to the participants of the upcoming International Tourism Fair of Cuba. The fair is another one of the country's efforts to increase the number of tourists taking Cuba holidays.
The 32nd International Tourism Fair of Cuba (FITCUBA 2012) will take place from 8th to 11th May in Cayo Santa Maria, a pristine key located in the province of Villa Clara, Cuba's most central region. Personnel specialised in the leisure industry are preparing ahead to offer a warm welcome to exhibitors and visitors attending the fair, which will give tourism officials an excellent opportunity to discuss the new projects that the island’s tourism sector has planned to increase the number of travellers taking Cuba holidays.
The staff at Villa Clara are gearing up and taking this opportunity to show all participants at the fair the natural beauty and attractions, culture, history and customs of this beautiful Cuban region. The luxury Cuba hotels and resorts in the north-eastern key of Cayo Santa Maria, lying off the coast of Villa Clara, as well as the picturesque lodgings of the city of Santa Clara are readying themselves for the event.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cayo Santa Maria, FITCUBA 2012’s venue, is formed by three breathtaking, sandy islets connected to mainland by a 48km-long land bridge. This fair is the most significant Cuban tourism event that will help promote the positive features of this emerging tourist area, which is part of the Buenvista Biosphere Reserve. It will also be dedicated to Argentina, which will be the guest of honour, and to the family holiday segment.
Jesus Diaz Canel, the director of Villa Clara’s Tourism Office, told the press that the FITCUBA 2012 would also give participants the opportunity to learn more about this region, by providing visits to various destinations within the central province of Villa Clara. One of the main places of interest, due to its cultural and historical values, guests will be able to visit is the picturesque town of Remedios, famous for its well-conserved colonial architecture and its traditions.
Image by: CarolinaTejas, on Flickr
If staying in Cayo Santa Maria and strolling along the city of Santa Clara participants will be able to go to one of the most visited monuments in Cuba: the Ernesto Che Guevara Mausuleum. Many travellers interested in history and the figure of Guevara have visited this beautiful site while on holidays to Cuba. The complex includes a museum and memorial dedicated to the Argentinean guerrilla fighter.
A report from the Cuban Tourism Ministry affirms that Cuba received its one millionth visitor this year on Thursday. This is a most satisfactory result, which was achieved 5 days before expected, and it demonstrates the ongoing efforts being made in the island to promote the travel industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
Enjoy ultimate comfort with state-of-the-art facilities and decor
- Contemporary, stylish décor with a welcoming and cosy atmosphere
- Exquisite selection of restaurants and bars to satisfy all tastes
- Array of facilities and activities on site and excursions to explore the local area
Succumb to Havana's pulsating rhythm and electric buzz before melting it all away under radiant sunshine on glorious white sands.
- Add a Havana experience tour, including visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the rum factory, the famous Floridita bar and the Revolution Square
- Relax and enjoy the benefits of the 24hr All-Inclusive package in Cayo Santa Maria
- Added values in Cayo Santa Maria - One exclusive meal with live entertainment, fast-track check-in service and late checkout
Experience the world class service and facilities of Melia Hotels, as you discover this stunning Cuban summer holiday
- Both hotels you visit offer the highest level of Cuban service to ensure every guests stay is made extra special
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing holiday escape where you can also chose to take part in a variety of activities
- The Melia Habana stands out for its spacious lobby, decorated with tropical plants and the hotel also has the largest swimming pool in Havana
Take in the historic sites in Havana and Cienfuegos before total beach relaxation in Cayo Santa Maria
- The Melia Habana is ranked second out of 81 hotels in Havana by TripAdvisor users and has amazing sea views
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate at the 5-star Meliá Cayo Santa María on 24-hr All Inclusive
- Hotel La Union is located in the city centre of Cienfuegos, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to its classical architecture
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is centrally located in the heart of historic Havana. Surrounded by some of...
Situated on the pure white sandy beaches of Cayo Santa Maria off Cuba's north central coast in the Jardines del Rey...