Investment in the Cuba holiday industry continues to grow
The Cuban Tourism Minister insists that a strong investment process in the tourism industry is crucial for the further development of the country's economy. These investments are also aimed at making Cuba holidays more popular and pleasant for travellers.
Manuel Marrero, the Cuban Tourism Minister, recently stated that a strong long-term investment project in the Cuban tourism industry was essential for the ongoing development of the country’s economy. With 2.9 million visitors expected this year, it is the island’s top priority to make Cuba holidays more enjoyable and attractive to visitors.
This public announcement was made during the 9th International Fair of Construction (FECONS 2012), which recently took place in the Pabexpo exhibition centre, in the capital city of Havana. While taking part in the event, Mr Marrero explained to the press how one of the fair’s main aims was to contribute to attain the investment plan’s goals in terms of hotel capacities and in terms of the recovery of patrimonial buildings of tourist interest.
Image by: citronate, on Flickr
The raising of funds is needed to build new Cuba hotels, especially in the keys and surrounding areas, and, with the purpose of increasing the number of attractions for those who come on family holidays to Cuba or those interested in luxury holidays; the construction of new golf courses and aquariums starring dolphin shows are among the most important milestones tcited by Marrero in the FECONS 2012. In Marrero’s point of view, the presence of firms and suppliers of the latest technologies in the FECONS, make this event an important channel for the accomplishment of the country’s investment plans. The suppliers who attended the fair also made strong emphasis on energy-saving and low-budget constructive processes, which are two top requirements for the industry’s plans of expansion.
Once again, the importance of the leisure hospitality industry was stressed by Marrero when he pointed out the needof boosting the country’s economy by replacing imports, as well as collecting funds for the nation’s industrial sector. Although FECONS was highly useful to voice the island’s plans, the Cuban Tourism Minister will continue to look at attracting further investors in future events.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Marrero expects a larger presence of foreign firms in the upcoming International Tourism Fair (FITCuba 2012). The fair will be celebrated from 8th to 11th of May in one of the central-northern keys of Cuba, Cayo Santa Maria, and will be dedicated to Argentina, as the guest of honour. This year, the keys are the main product to be discussed and the participants of the fair will address family tourism as the most important segment to focus on.
In recent yeas, Cuba holidays have been rising in popularity among visitors to the Caribbean. This peculiar destination that offers the traveller far more than beach and sun already boasts over 50,000 rooms in some 300 Cuba hotels islandwide, and eight priority regions or resorts for tourism development country-wide. The new investments plans ensure fun, comfort and variety for those who decide to take holidays in Cuba in the future. Authorities are optimistic and are hoping to receive three million visitors per year soon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...