Cuba holidays promoted during recent tourism fair in Belgium
During the Salon de Vacances tourism fair held in Belgium last week, Cuban tourism representatives worked hard to promote cultural Cuba holidays through a combination of visual aids, multimedia and leaflets highlighting the best and most authentic of Cuba
During this year's annual Belgian tourism fair, Salon de Vacances, a team of tourism representatives from Cuba attended the event to promote the Caribbean island's many tourism attributes and facilities to accommodate foreign visitors. According to an official statement released by the Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR), during the fair, Cuba's tourist board worked hard to highlight the best of Cuba and promote Cuba holidays for Belgian travellers, in the presence of travel industry experts.
The exhibition event was held last weekend at the Expo Brussels exhibition centre in the Belgian capital, and Cuba's presentation was one of the most successful, drawing large crowds of visitors interested in what Cuba holidays had to offer. The stand was one of the most visited during the event by industry professionals and the general public.
The note from MINTUR also added that Cuba had its own stand at the fair, perfectly designed for the purpose of promoting cultural holidays in Cuba with various images and posters depicting not only the beauty of Cuba's beaches but also its lush countryside and cultural sites of interest. The harmonic decor of the kiosk stood in line with the promotional campaign "Cuba For Real" (Autentica Cuba), a tourism campaign that aims to promote Cuba's cultural and historical values as well as its unique folklore and traditions. The stand was one of the most visited stands among Caribbean countries taking part in the event and many curious visitors crowded at Cuba's stand to learn more about cultural Cuba holidays.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cuba's cultural campaign highlights the best of Cuba's cultural richness, its traditions and the kind hospitality of its people and according to the Director of the Tourist Office of Cuba in Benelux, Fidel Enrique Rodriguez, this campaign has achieved massive success in Belgium since its launch in 2011.
Rodriguez, added that the current trend of the Belgian tourist market goes beyond enjoying the Cuba´s sun and beaches, with a marked interest in tailor-made holidays to Cuba with programmes that comprise history, culture, traditions and music, as well as architectural visits and exchanges with the Cuban people.
Image by: ulli_p, on Flickr
He also revealed that the Cuban stand aroused the interest of the Belgian market for Cuba as a tourist destination, and noted that in 2011 the number of Belgian tourists travelling to Cuba grew by 10 percent, compared to 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...