Sandals Resorts Appoints New Groups Manager for UK, Ireland and Europe
Sandals Resorts has appointed a new Groups Manager for the UK, Ireland and Europe. Paul Tidy will be responsible for boosting Groups business and encouraging travellers to book Caribbean holidays at Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
Paul Tidy will be joining Sandals Resorts as the new Groups Manager for the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Mr Tidy will move from his previous role of Business Development Manager for Sandals and will be responsible for boosting the Groups’ Caribbean holidays across the three brands: Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
The Managing Director of Sandals Resorts UK, Karl Thomson, said: “It is great to have our previous Business Development Manager of the Year back to head up our Groups strategy, particularly at a time when our resorts are being so pro-active in attracting this market.”
The new Groups manager has had a successful career so far with Sandals and in 2009 he was awarded Sandals Business Development Manager of the Year.
Sandals Resorts owns and operates luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos under the three brands.
Last month, the hotel group celebrated its 30th anniversary at the World Travel Market in London. During the event Sandals promoted its brand, unveiled details of it $500 million expansions, and introduced its brand new “voluntourism” programme.
Sandals Resorts launched its first Jamaica hotel in Montego Bay in November 1981, and since then it has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury holidays to the Caribbean. Over the decades, the group has launched a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector such as being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for its guests.
Guests enjoying holidays in the Caribbean at Sandals Resorts can relax with a full all-inclusive rate that includes accommodation, food, drinks, tips, transfers, taxes, and all recreational and water sports activities including scuba diving and snorkelling.
Earlier this year, the hotel chain announced the launch of its first volunteer programme at many of its resorts which will enable tourists to ‘give back’ to the local community during their Caribbean holidays.
The Reading Road Trip programme involves a two-hour session where holidaymakers will visit the Sandals Foundation’s adopted local basic and primary schools across the islands, to participate in reading activities within small groups of children aged 5-7 years old.
The volunteer programme is available at participating Caribbean hotels between September and mid-June every Thursday from 9am until 11am while the schools are in session.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Free upgrade to Taum Studio Pool View room
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...