Insight Cuba Offers Legal Cuba Holidays for all Americans
American travellers will finally be able to take Cuba holidays legally after the leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, has been given permission by the OFAC to offer educational holidays to the Caribbean island.
The leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, has been given permission to offer travel programmes for American travellers by the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
This is the first time in 50 years that American travellers have been allowed to take Cuba holidays due to the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo which prohibits visitors from the United States to travel to the Caribbean island.
Insight Cuba was one of the first companies to submit its application for a new licence when US President Obama announced earlier this year that travellers from the United States would be allowed to take holidays to Cuba for educational, cultural, academic and religious purposes.
Insight Cuba Director Tom Popper, said: "We've been preparing for this day for seven years. Now that we have the license in hand, anyone and everyone can reserve their spot on one of our carefully crafted travel programmes to Cuba throughout 2011 and 2012. We've created six exciting new experiences, which can be found on our website, providing unique access to people and places the average traveller rarely sees."
Insight Cuba has been offering Cuba holidays using a special licence since 2000, and up until 2004, when tighter US travel restrictions were enforced; the company had sent the most number of American travellers to Cuba since 1963.
Despite the ban on U.S tourists freely taking holidays in Cuba, the company continued to build and strengthen relationships with tour operators, hotels and tourism-related companies on the island, in hope that the restrictions would one day be lifted.
Fortunately for Insight Cuba, that day has now come and the organisation is busy preparing its hand-picked travel packages for new customers from the United States.
Travellers can enjoy an exclusive experience during their trips to the Caribbean island nation, with packages that include Cuban hosts and escorts, luxury all inclusive four or five-star Cuba hotels, domestic flights in Cuba, U.S. Treasury Department license and Letter of Authorisation, travel insurance and ground transport.
American visitors will be able to take holidays to Cuba from April 2012 and Insight Cuba has created six new itineraries with more than 100 departures throughout the year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...