World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi launches 2011 Green Tourism Award Recognition Scheme
Organisers of the three-day exhibition and conference dedicated to showcasing Abu Dhabi holidays and sustainable tourism, the World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi, have announced that it will launch an industry recognition award scheme for its 2011 event.
After a successful three day event which focused on sustainable tourism and Abu Dhabi holidays, organisers of the World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi have announced that it will be featuring an industry recognition scheme for its next event in 2011.
The inaugural conference and exhibition was held at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre this week and was attended by visitors from many different countries.
The Middle East Green Tourism Award will recognise individuals, companies, organisations and even places nominated as a green holiday destination, who have contributed towards sustainable tourism and its ongoing development and management by providing "green" Middle East holidays for travellers.
Rick Theobald, Event Director of Streamline Marketing Group (SMG), which helped organise the event with Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, said: "This initiative is aimed at further spurring take up of green tourism within the region."
The winner of the award will be determined by a panel of industry experts and nominations will be accepted from December via the website www.worldgreentourismabudhabi.com. Chairing the voting panellists will be Professor Geoffrey Lipman, the Secretary General for the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), a well know speaker and moderator within the international travel and tourism industry.
Theobald said: "Geoffrey is also recognised for his radical thinking on strategic and tactical policymaking, his commitment to the travel and tourism sector as an instrument of positive socio-economic development, as well as his passion for sustainable development and the green economy and therefore makes an apt chairperson for the judging panel.
"We anticipate strong interest in this award which will be presented during the World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi 2011 which will run from December 5-7."
The first World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi event was attended by 1,373 visitors and representatives from industry professionals. The aim of the event was to encourage new business tourism and showcase Abu Dhabi holidays to visitors while identifying key components to ensure environmental sustainability and highlighting "green" initiatives, technologies and solutions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Enjoy a special break in Abu Dhabi, that comes complete with great shopping, a fabulous beach and spa club, and all at an affordable price.
- Choose from 15 award-winning restaurants and bars including a famous Jazz Bar
- One of the longest stretches of private beach in Abu Dhabi
- Facilities include swimming pools, tennis courts and a selection of watersports
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Upgrade to All Inclusive package! Call us now!
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Unwind and be pampered at a luxurious beachside retreat in the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, on Abu Dhabi's Corniche.
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Upgrade your experience and book a room including tickets to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Direct connection to Al Raha Mall for the perfect shopping experience
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...