Environmental Education Tour will promote Cuba eco-holidays
The Eco Cuba Exchange programme is inviting guests from all over the world to participate in its quest for research and investigation in the environmental sector with a series of tours planned for February 2011.
Eco Cuba Exchange is now inviting guests from the world over to take Cuba holidays with a special eco-interest and participate in this research tour for environmental educators in Cuba -- a nation that has been called "the only nation to have achieved sustainability" by the World Wildlife Foundation.
As global interest in environmental protection and sustainable development has gained momentum, people the world over have turned to schools as venues for community-based environmental and food-sustainability projects. In fact, reformers and researchers concerned with environmental and food challenges commonly view schools as the single most critical space for broader eco-social transformation.
Proving that Cuba holidays are about so much more than just sunny beaches, Cuba's nation-wide community and school-based environmental education programmes have been internationally praised for over two decades. In 2006, the World Wildlife Foundation declared Cuba to be the only nation living sustainably due to its high Quality of Life indices and low Carbon Footprint.
Travel to Cuba with this educational environmental programme and meet the policy makers and practitioners who make it happen!
Tour the sites and meet the staff and volunteers of:
- Sustainable development projects in Havana and rural Cuba
- Urban gardens, rural farms and farmers' markets
- Environmental NGOs, such as the Foundation for Nature and Humanity
- Scientists and Educators at the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment
- Teachers and students maintaining urban and rural school gardens
- Las Terrazas, an intentional sustainable community and school
- Eco-Station in the Sierra Rosario Biosphere Reserve, Pinar del Rio
- Renewable Energy vocational-technical schools and NGO Cuba Solar
- Recycling and environmental clean up projects
- Cultural activities and individual meetings according to interest
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...