The Holiday Place participates in the London Bridgathon 2010
The Holiday Place just announced the successful participation of one of their directors at the recent London Bridgathon 2010, a charity event raising funds for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma unit at UCLH, which the company helped sponsor and support.
Last Sunday 19th September, one of the Directors of The Holiday Place successfully completed a 6-mile walking marathon across some of London's most important bridges in support of a life-giving charity for patients diagnosed with leukaemia and lymphoma.
The London Bridgathon 2010 had the main aim of raising awareness about these life-threatening types of blood cancer and raising funds for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Unit at the University College London Hospital (UCLH), an exceptional unit providing vital care to critically ill patients.
The Bridgathon route began and ended at Jubilee Gardens by the London Eye, crossing the bridges of Westminster, Hungerford, Waterloo and the Millennium Bridge. It lasted approximately 3 hours at a moderate pace as the walk was aimed at encouraging every ability to participate, including ill patients currently undertaking treatment.
A 26-year-old patient currently receiving treatment at the UCLH Leukaemia and Lymphoma unit declared before the walk: "My family and friends are doing a hospital organised walk to raise money for the ward I am on at UCLH. Please can you all donate, the staff here have literally saved my life, I can't express to you how amazing this unit is."
For this event, employees at The Holiday Place gladly chipped in to help support the important cause, with the Human Resources Manager, Siona Gehr, leading the collecting of funds and proudly declaring: "The staff at the Holiday Place were delighted to support their Finance Director in raising funds for such a worthwhile campaign. They regularly take part in donating to charity and have raised money for The British Heart Foundation, The National Blind Children's Society, Lennox Children's Cancer Fund, The Wishes & Dreams Trust and The Breast Cancer Campaign over the past few years. Neil always joins in and contributes so this was their chance to offer him encouragement and champion his cause."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...