Eco Cuba holidays with Havana's Environmental Festival
For ecological travellers wanting to immerse in a late summer Eco-fest, Cuba holidays is the destination to head to as the country's capital of Havana prepares for a unique week-long festival, with musicians, artists and comedians joining in the eco-fun.
For environmental enthusiasts happening to be enjoying Cuba holidays from Monday to Sunday this week, Havana will be hosting its first environmental festival ever, featuring popular island musicians, artists and comedians.
The festival will take place in various venues in Havana with its main headquarters in the municipality of Santa Fe, home to well-known actor-turned-artist Jorge Perugorria, a participant in the project also showcasing some of his art during the festival.The actual celebrations start on the anniversary of the death of Antonio Núñez Jiménez, a prominent Cuban archaeologist and environmentalist.
Festival director Osmel Francia said the events include a concert at the island's most prestigious boarding school, the Vladimir Ilich Lenin High School with popular groups, such as Buena Fe, Los 4, Baby Lores, and Gente de Zona playing during a special concert there. Comedians and artists will join in with activities to raise awareness about the environmental problems humanity faces, such as climate change.
Lovers of arts spending their Cuba holidays in Havana during this time, will be able to enjoy varied Cuban pieces of art, created by various renowned artists. In addition to Jorge Perugoría, painters Nelson Dominguez and Zayda del Rio will exhibit a collection of 17 hand-decorated guayaberas, traditional Cuban dress shirts, with an environmentalist message.
For doing your bit to preserve the environment during you Cuba holidays, tourists can join children and young people to take part on Tuesday in the Save the World campaign, a project whose initial stage consists of cleaning up a 17-km area of the Santa Fe coastline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...