Cheap flights website list Cuba holidays as "rising star" for Canadian travellers
According to the website, Cheapflights.ca, the increase in Mexico and Cuba holidays for Canadian travellers has led to the regions becoming "rising stars" as tourists combine their holidays to the stunning Caribbean destinations.
Mexico and Cuba holidays have been listed as "rising stars" by the website Cheap Flights as more Canadian travellers are choosing twin centre holidays combining Havana city and Varadero Beach in Cuba.
The online travel company said that the number of Canadian tourists booking Havana trips increased by 92 percent and Mexico City by 83 percent during the first six months of 2010 compared to the same period last year.
Cheap Flights monitors the rise and fall of popular destinations by tracking the number of searches on its website. Recent results show that Havana and Mexico City were listed at the top of 100 destinations in Canada, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean.
Many travellers have chosen to combine city breaks with relaxing beach Cuba holidays as twin centre holidays become more popular. Travellers can enjoy the bustling vibrant streets of Havana one minute and then be relaxing on the pristine sandy beaches of Varadero the next.
Situated in the northern Caribbean Sea, Cuba is an island nation made up stunning beaches, mountainous terrain, historic sites and a tropical climate.
Home to the world's second largest barrier reef, Cuba attracts many visitors on scuba diving holidays and offers some of the best diving spots in the world with colourful coral and an array of marine species.
Cuba's capital city, Havana, is the Caribbean's largest and vivacious city full of Latino spirit, culture, cuisine, dancing and music. The cobbled streets ooze authenticity and around every corner is something new for the discerning traveller.
Varadero offers travellers enjoying Cuba holidays over 20km of white sand stunning pristine beaches, a vibrant nightlife and numerous luxury Cuba hotels.
An increase in flights from Canada to the Caribbean regions and the close proximity are also said to be some of the reasons why more Canadian travellers are booking Mexico and Cuba holidays.
According to the website's search results, St Louis in Missouri fell by 22 percent and Clearwater in Florida fell by 24 percent outing them at the bottom of the list of popular destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...