New fligth service to start taking Russian travellers to Cuba holidays
Russian Airline Transaero has launched a new set of direct flights taking passengers from Russia to the popular Cuban beach resort of Varadero and thus offering easier access for Russian holidaymakers to enjoy Cuba holidays in sunny destinations.
A new set of flights departing from Russia are offering easier access to popular Cuban holiday destinations such as Varadero for Russian holidaymakers wishing to take beach-perfect Cuba holidays in this resort.
Having made an inuagural safe landing on its debut flight, a Boeing (NYSE:BA) 767 from the Russian Airline "Transaero" arrived at the Varadero Airport on Monday carrying a total of 200 passengers, a Cuba's tourism official revealed on Monday.
According to Ramon Fundora, a specialist from the Ministry of Tourism, in order to meet the increased demand of Russian travelleres interested in Cuba holidays, the Russian airliner will be sending holidaymakers to Varadero with a twice weekly frequencly with the new flight also marks the resumption of Moscow-Caradero airline.
"The travels are coordinated by the UkranianTour Operators Lanta Tour and Coral Trave, and the Russian Havanaturrussia", said Fundora.
He then went on to add that last week the Brazilian airline Wets Jets also started direct flight to Varadero.
Cuba holidays have experienced a boost due to the increase in the number of tourists arrivals to the island this year despite the global financial crisis and the country's very own economic melt-down. While fewer tourists visited Cuba from major tourist source countries like France and Spain, the opening of new markets such as Venezuela and Russia, who have rapidly showed an interest in taking Cuba holidays, has helped raise the total figure.
Some new airline companies have also started direct flights to the island, specially those from Mexico, Japan, Russia and Brazil.
The Cuban tourism authorities have also launched a promotion campaign entitled "Authentic Cuba" in Europe to open up new markets and extend its appeal to a wider scope of travellers.
Tourism is Cuba's second largest industry and the income derived from Cuba holidays makes up for around 20 % of the island's total foreign currency annual earning, according to official figures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...