Dubai's Tourist Industry recovers with influx of visitors enjoying summer Dubai holidays
Despite a turbulent economic year, the United Arab Emirate of Dubai is back on track as it welcomes an influx of visitors including business travellers and families enjoying Dubai holidays in the Middle Eastern hub of business, art and culture.
As the summer temperatures begin to soar in Dubai, the number of travellers enjoying Dubai holidays is also on the rise as the city provides a wealth of art, culture, history and business for its visitors after a period of economic turbulence.
Dubai is famously known as a global business and finance hub but the other side of the United Arab Emirate offers travellers enjoying holidays in Dubai an array of fine art galleries, shopping boutiques and world-class sporting events.
The Middle East country has been celebrating the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) festival this summer with a number of discounts being offered by popular shopping malls and a series of music and arts festivals for local residents and travellers enjoying Dubai holidays.
The summer festival lasts until 7th August and has provided Dubai hotels with a welcome boost in occupancy levels which have risen by 75 percent during the event.
With two sides to the country divided by the Creek, travellers on Dubai holidays can explore the country with the help of local water taxis to carry them across to both areas and the tourist region of Jumeirah.
Historical attractions include the Grand Mosque on the Bur Dubai side of the Creek; Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House, a museum in Port Rashid; Jumeirah Archaeological site; the Jumeirah Mosque; the watch tower of Burj Nahar; the Dhow Wharfage; and Dubai's first school, Al-Ahmadiya.
There has also been an increase in Asian travellers taking Dubai holidays and last year the number of visitors from China staying in Dubai hotels increased to 107,488 from 2008's figures of 96,328.
Dubai International Airport saw approximately 40 million passengers arriving and departing in 2009 for business trips and leisurely Dubai holidays.
Situated in the Persian Gulf, Dubai is one of the seven United Arab Emirates and is bordered by Oman, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Experience the wonders of Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restaurants, sandy beaches and unmatched shopping, all for an unbeatable price
- Unwind in your beautifully designed room or suite featuring all your modern amenities and stunning views
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
The new Sofitel The Palm Dubai epitomizes understated luxury combined with the utmost comfort. Located on Dubai's iconic...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm, and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...