Great Sports Camp for children of all ages to be enjoyed during Barbados holidays
For the third year in a row Barbados has launched its successful summer Sports Camp for children on Barbados holidays to enjoy, giving them the opportunity to engage in fun activities, improve their skill and mix with local children in a series of sports
Children on Barbados holidays will get to enjoy a set of great sporty activities during their time in the Caribbean island. Being renowned for its love of sport, Barbados has created a unique camp designed for children providing them with a fun and wonderful way to encourage kids of all ages to improve their skills and meet new friends. The camp has been a brilliant success in the past two years, so we look forward to 2010 being even better!
The camp will be coaching children on three popular sports, cricket, football and netball and children attending the camp will be a mix of those on Barbados holidays and local Barbadian children. They will be split into ability and age groups.
The camp is located at the University of the West Indies and runs from 10am to 3pm each day, with plenty of water and food breaks.
Cricketers who will be coaching the children are Gladstone Small, Dean Headley, Graham Hick and Desmond Haynes
Football coaches are Mark Bright and John Salako.
Netballers are Alex Astle, Olivia Murphy, Fiona Murtagh and Kendra Slawinski.
"I am sure the kids will love meeting the sports personalities and hearing what it is like to play in the disciplines of football, cricket and netball at the very highest level." - one of the sports coaches expressed.
The coaching will take place from 3rd August to 27th August 2010. Local coaches will be assisting from the Barbados Football Association, the Barbados Netball Association and the Barbados Cricket Association who will help run the sessions to ensure every kid enjoys great sporty Barbados holidays.
An event company runs the logistics of the camp on a day-to-day basis, on behalf of the Barbados Tourism Authority.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- September Sale now on with discounts of up to 15% off all rooms and a Special offer in Superior Ocean Front Studios
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- Summer Sale on - with savings of upto 15% for travel up until 2019
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- September Sale with up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavours at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Save up to 30% off in all room categories
- Plus save an additional £300 per booking with The Club Barbados Flash Sale
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on the West Coast of Barbados
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...