Aeromexico announces more flights servicing Cancun-Cuba holidays
Catering to the increased demand for Cuba holidays amongst its Mexican travellers and worldwide travellers who have shown an increasing interest in the island, Mexican airline Aeromexico has announced a new route of 4 weekly flights to Havana.
Mexican airline Aeroméxico announced on Monday that it will open a new route of four flights a week to Cuba from July 5, with a stopover in Cancún.
A press release distributed by Aeroméxico, one of the two most important Mexican airlines along with Mexicana de Aviación, says that with this new destination it continues its international expansion and improving its flight network connectivity.
The program of flights to Cuba includes departure from the Federal District on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday at 09:30 (local time) to arrive in Havana at 14:35 (local time).
This new route joins a new flight to Bogota to promote tourist and business exchange, allowing passengers residents in Cancun to travel to Cuba, added the text.
So far, Aeroméxico just covered the Tijuana-Monterrey-Havana route, with special departures on Saturday and returns on Sunday, chartered by tourist agencies in Cuba.
Aeromexico has its main operation center in Terminal 2 of the Benito Juarez international airport in Mexico City, with more than 600 daily flights to different Mexican cities, the United Sates of America, Central and South America, as well as in Europe and Asia.
But this is not the only Mexican airline to be adding more connections to Cuba holidays, as three new charter flights are due to soon start operations between Guadalajara and Havana. This new flight frequency linking Mexico and Cuba holidays is part of the promotion campaign carried out by Mexico to take advantage of the Cuban tourism offers.
A press release said Guadalajara, capital of the Mexican western state of Jalisco, is gathering representatives of the most important travel agencies in Mexico, which are receiving updated information of the Cuban tourism proposals for this summer.
Aissa Gomez, an expert from a firm called SOLWAYS, said the flights will take place on July 17, 24, and 31, motivated by the increase of the number of visitors, independently from the regular direct links between Mexico and Cuba.
Solways, Viñales and Protours are joining their experiences to facilitate the visits to Havana, and from there, to Varadero Beach and Santa Maria Keys.
After Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Guadalajara is the second Mexican territory reached by the representation of Autentica Cuba, a new Cuban publicity campaign to show the diversity of the Cuban tourism products and destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...