BA starts servicing Cancun holidays
Now entering the Cancun holidays market, BA's latest move confirms the carrier's expansion plans as they announce the launching of a new service between Gatwick and Cancun. The twice weekly frequency is due to start operating from November 2010.
Giving a boost to Cancun holidays for British holidaymakers, the UK-based carrier British Airways is expanding its Mexico services with the launch of two weekly direct flights from London Gatwick to Cancun, starting November 2010.
The new route will be serviced by a Boeing 777 aircreaft with three cabin classes. Proudly announcing how the addition of these flights would give UK travellers more flexibility when planning their Cancun holidays, Richard Tams, head of UK & Ireland sales and marketing, said: “We’re delighted to be the only UK scheduled airline offering direct flights to Cancun.
“It is the perfect addition to our Gatwick long-haul premium leisure network.”
Tickets went on sale yesterday and the first flight will be leaving London's Gatwick airport on 3rd November, 2010 at 12.45pm UK time, meaning that passengers will arrive to their Cancun holidays 5.45pm local time.
Meanwhile the new UK coalition government’s decision to scrap plans for a third runway at Heathrow could prompt the airline to focus its business in Madrid after its merger with Iberia.
Commenting on how such a move has forced them to re-locate to keep up with their growth plans, BA’s chief executive Willie Walsh told The Financial Times: “You’ve got a fantastic airport in Madrid that has excess capacity… and we’ll grow there.”
“Growth is not going to go away. Growth will just leave the UK and go to other parts of Europe. BA will be able to access that growth because our assets are mobile and we can focus on developing Madrid rather than… London.”
Ealier this year BA and Spanish carrier Iberia signed an agreement to combine operations, and shareholders will vote on the plans in the autumn. The new company, with its main hubs at Madrid and London, will be called International Airlines Group.
The British government’s decision to scrap plans for a third runway was welcomed by environmental campaigners, but the aviation industry was dismayed as demand for flights is expected to more than double between 2000 and 2030. Ministers hope the extra demand can be met by regional airports in England and high speed rail links.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...